Boat Dock Price

ldvernier

Reaction score
Hey,

Building a house on Crown Lake in Horseshoe Bend Arkansas and need to build a dock.  I have two quotes and both are around $30,000 for a two bay metal dock.  WOW that seems expensive to me!  What am I missing here or are they just that spendy?

Thanks

Anything related to boating is expensive. Check around, most docks come in pre-formed sections, the expensive part is anchoring the dock to the lake floor.

I hear you.  Our floating dock by Wahoo was $50k but other quotes were very similar.

Ours was 34k but that was in 2008.

Just completed our boathouse build yesterday. They did a great job but it wasn't cheap . . . . . Here's a few pics of the before (with a Bryant Open Bow Boat) and then after (with our Bennington 2554). We still need to add lighting and some final trim details to the new boathouse but glad we spent the extra money versus cheaper options that were available.
IMG_2556(1).jpg IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2488(1).JPG IMG_2559(1).jpg

Just completed our boathouse build yesterday. They did a great job but it wasn't cheap . . . . . Here's a few pics of the before (with a Bryant Open Bow Boat) and then after (with our Bennington 2554). We still need to add lighting and some final trim details to the new boathouse but glad we spent the extra money versus cheaper options that were available.
View attachment 23691 View attachment 23688 View attachment 23689 View attachment 23690

Looks great! I would imagine it was a pricey job, but it sure turned out nicely. Up here in the great white wintery north, you just cannot do that. The ice in the winter would rip it up.

IMG_0597.JPG IMAG0101.jpg
Up here in the great white wintery north, you just cannot do that. The ice in the winter would rip it up.
I grew up in Buffalo, NY so I'm very familiar with the ice issues in the great white north. If I were you, I'd hurry down south while they still have the door open allowing us Yankees to come down and stay :) We were still swimming in the lake in October and still shorts/t-shirts for many days in November as well.

Last edited:
Hey,

Building a house on Crown Lake in Horseshoe Bend Arkansas and need to build a dock. I have two quotes and both are around $30,000 for a two bay metal dock. WOW that seems expensive to me! What am I missing here or are they just that spendy?

Thanks

The Army Corps won't let us have homes or docks lakeside on our lake forcing us to use one of the approved marinas. But after seeing that cost I realize at my monthly slip rental cost it would take me between 12 and 20 before I spend that much. And that is if I wouldn't have any maintenance cost. I think I like the slip rental better now.

Last edited:
It cost me 15k to rebuild an existing dock.

Looks great! I would imagine it was a pricey job, but it sure turned out nicely. Up here in the great white wintery north, you just cannot do that. The ice in the winter would rip it up.

I don't know much about this, but my dealer was advertising a dock lineup he carries now that is "freeze in friendly". I see they also do boat houses. Worth looking into.

https://nydock.com/

I’d LOVE a freeze in set up!!! I just cannot imagine it standing up to the conditions on our lake.

Below is a 1 story plus pile of 1’ thick boulders of ice pushed up on the South Bay of Houghton Lake two winters ago. Happened in high winds towards the end of winter as the lake ice was breaking up.
923E8A25-DA0C-4E68-9EDD-C98D058DE60D.jpeg

Below is a slice that was pushed up our sea wall late winter last year (our cottage). About 2’ thick. I’d imagine that would mangle things pretty good as it moves slowly over time.
577D8E42-D612-49C1-AAA4-C99C51FE14D7.jpeg

I’d LOVE a freeze in set up!!! I just cannot imagine it standing up to the conditions on our lake.

Below is a 1 story plus pile of 1’ thick boulders of ice pushed up on the South Bay of Houghton Lake two winters ago. Happened in high winds towards the end of winter as the lake ice was breaking up.
View attachment 23764

Below is a slice that was pushed up our sea wall late winter last year (our cottage). About 2’ thick. I’d imagine that would mangle things pretty good as it moves slowly over time.
View attachment 23765

I suppose that's why they have a disclaimer about "may not be suitable for all locations" or whichever lingo they use to cover their butt.

Back