boat in quarentine

repuinfo

Reaction score
So my 22 ssrxp got delivered to my dealer just before the lockdown in NY. The bank is ready, the insurance quotes are in and the boat it ready to pick up. But of course now DMV is closed for the foreseeable future so neither the boat or trailer can be registered. So now i wait until we get out of this mess to pickup my new boat.
Sorry for the rant. Have been wanting this boat for three years. Ordered in December. and now stuck.

At least you have a motor ,mine is at the dealer still wrapped up with no motor .:(

You'll be on that boat before you know it! Congrats!

I feel for you. We have a week till dock opens, but not sure dealers doing anything. Won’t do me any good to call. Won’t change anything. Just gonna wait an see. It could always be worse ... MUCH worse. We have our health... :)

This should be an "essential" business to get out and relieve some stress and do some social distancing. I'm in NJ and my boat is also sitting at the marina indefinitely at this point.

So my 22 ssrxp got delivered to my dealer just before the lockdown in NY. The bank is ready, the insurance quotes are in and the boat it ready to pick up. But of course now DMV is closed for the foreseeable future so neither the boat or trailer can be registered. So now i wait until we get out of this mess to pickup my new boat.
Sorry for the rant. Have been wanting this boat for three years. Ordered in December. and now stuck.
Welcome ! That SUCKS ! "And this to shall pass"

Frustrating, to say the least. As I like to say, timing is everything. Hang in there and be sure to post some pictures once you get her!

I feel for you. We have a week till dock opens, but not sure dealers doing anything. Won’t do me any good to call. Won’t change anything. Just gonna wait an see. It could always be worse ... MUCH worse. We have our health... :)

Yup, Got the call docks closed now till April 30th ... :(
Guess it’s time for kayaks ... or I’ll just go fly my planes and drones up at the club field. Have to keep my mind off of this on the weekends.

This will be the earliest the ice has been out since we have owned a boat ,and would have been the earliest we could have launched .Doesn't look good now .

I don't think that they can keep me off the water.
They'd have better luck shoving soft butter up a wild cat's ___ with a red hot poker.

Back