Boat is home! Was: Placed my order - 2350RSR

Sweeeeeet !!!!!!

The shark hide question has different answers for different folks. No right or wrong answer for everyone, just right or wrong answers for individuals. Like most everything else in life.

The comments by the forum members are fair and balanced, and help those make the best decision for themselves. Andy mentioned not wanting to start a battle over it, and we all know he means that.

I've polished my toons, put on the shark hide and am satisfied with the results, but would I do it again? I don't know the answer to that. I really think for me, I polished them and put on shark hide more just to do something with the boat because boating season hasn't started yet and I was getting antsy. That has got to be the dumbest reason on here for doing it!

If I had a brand new boat, and the toons looked perfect, I'd put the shark hide on the visible areas, which includes the inside of the noise cones, but not the inside of the toons under the boat. Everything else gets it at minimum. If you want to do the inside, that's fine too.

Polishing is a whole different story, and is a TON of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also know that shark hide goes on like paint, only you do it with a rag. That still makes no sense to me. A rag will leave some "paint lines", if you know what I mean. Maybe it's because it's sticky stuff out of the can. I was tempted to use a paint roller, but it probably would have gummed up on me. Same with a brush, I suppose. Don't know. Just know it's one of those things that the factory can do better than the average DIY person, in my opinion.

Back on topic :p

Gee - If I was off topic I apologize.

(For those wondering, yes, that was in reference to Gee West, not gee whiz.)

I thought it was you that first mentioned shark hide, so if I'm off topic, so are you! Ha Ha Ha.

I thought it was you that first mentioned shark hide, so if I'm off topic, so are you! Ha Ha Ha.
No worries :)...I'm just excited about my boat - even though I didn't get Sharkhide LOL

I was going to post something similar earlier too!!!

Now back to the thread, I'm really liking the color combo.

I like that color combo too.  Very classy looking!

Not sure if talking about the color is on topic though.  The title of the thread says an order was placed.  Doesn't sound like we can talk about the color.

I like that color combo too.  Very classy looking!

Not sure if talking about the color is on topic though.  The title of the thread says an order was placed.  Doesn't sound like we can talk about the color.
Thanks...It is Black and Bronze.  We went with the Black Canvas.  Dealer didn't have the combo, but I had seen one on the water and loved it.

We've not seen it in person yet, but will on Friday.  In looking at the pictures, I'm very surprised how much setup there is with the boats.  I see wiring hanging down here and there.  I did have them install a new Garmin 547xs, but I don't think that would result in that much wiring.    I also have them installing a fishing seat on the rear deck - port side.  This will be my father-in-laws spot :).  I'm also going to get some stainless rod holders like I saw on bcpnick's boat.  They look great!  I had a trolling motor on my previous boat that I'll be installing, just don't know if it is going to be big enough with the extra weight.  (Minn Kota 70lb with i-pilot).  I love to bass fish on our lake, so troller in necessary.

Well, my wife and I are now proud owners of a brand new boat!!

We visited our dealer on Friday, inspected the pontoon to make sure it was configured as ordered (it was) and paid for it.

We absolutely love it!  Perfect configuration for us.  Color combo and finishing is amazing.  The new style Captian's seats are very comfortable.  I love the black stitching.  I don't care for the Yamaha gauges, but they are not a surprise.  The fishing seat I had added in the back will be perfect.  I like to stand, but my father-in-law likes to sit...I installed it for him :).  It is also very easy to fish from co-captian's seat. They had a 15.5 X 17 Saltwater series prop on it.  I believe that is going to be a little small based on Racing Fool's results with a 15.5 x 19.  We'll get her dialed in come April.

I took a short video of it.  Funny when recording, I thought it was recording everything and when I watched it, I realized I could have video'd even more as I missed some of the interior or it was too fast.  Oh well :rolleyes:

Days getting longer yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwwaAC2B7YA

Congratulations .

Nice looking boat!

Awesome boat! You get bonus points for posting video!

I really like that fishing chair you added.  That's a great idea.  The port side of the rear deck is unused space most of the time anyway, so perfect place to put a chair.

Just dawned on me that I could put a floor mount there, and then use it for either a fishing chair OR a grill, whatever the plan for the day happens to be...

Just dawned on me that I could put a floor mount there, and then use it for either a fishing chair OR a grill, whatever the plan for the day happens to be...
A grill is a great idea for that spot!  Funny, I didn't think of that either.  We have a Weber Q that we take camping and I'd think would be pretty easy to fab up a tray mount for it.  Something that is adjustable so the tray could be leveled.  Hummmm

I want to build a "cooler livewell" for the other side.  Our old GSI had a live well that we used all the time.   Have a pump for fresh water, etc. Something that could be easily removed when we are not fishing as to not be in way of ladder.  But very secure when underway. 

Been trying to figure out how to mount a Q myself...  Haven't bought one yet.  I have to figure out where it will fit on the boat when stored first!

Best idea I saw so far was someone (maybe it was on this forum even) used a black plastic cutting board and screwed four legs of the Q to that.  Then you can go from there to mount it however you want.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/1331-the-coon-toon-project-pic-heavy/page-3

Here it is.  It was right here on this site.

I have not had good results with the search engine on this site.  I did a search for "weber" and the ONLY thing that came back was your post above.  Then I went to Google, and found the link above.  Guess what - It has the word "weber" in it, but this site's search engine didn't find it.  Maybe I have some setting wrong...

Congrats and Nice Toon, I see by your video you bought from the same dealer as I.. My last two were sitting in that same spot when I picked them up..  :)

Nice, kids are going to love it as well

Thanks for the video -- nice boat!

Back