Boat lift for TriToon

CNB

Reaction score
I have a new 2016 Bennington 2350 RSFB on order and am preparing to take delivery. I will be keeping the boat in the sound at the Outer Banks of North Carolina near Kitty Hawk so I have two issues to deal with - shallow water in the sound and storms that come around regularly. I currently have a lift for a 10-year-old pontoon that has two pontoons and I have always lifted that boat up from under the deck without trying to support the individual pontoons. Does anyone know if this is an acceptable method to lift a Bennington out of the water? 

Does Bennington publish any specs for methods to lift their boats? I want to make sure that I am not going to void the warranty by lifting the boat with bunk boards under the deck as opposed to trailer-style bunk boards that support the three individual pontoons? I have also seen pictures of a lift that had three 2x10 boards laid flat across the boat lift I-beams such that the pontoons would sit flat on the boards.  This would also work for my application as it would only add an inch above the I-beams for the boat to float. Is it acceptable for the keels of the pontoons to rest on boards?

Thanks for your help!

New Bennington owner - almost.

See this thread. 

Hi CNB. We're up in Ocean City Md. and also use the same type of lifting procedure that cwag uses with his boat. The toons are suppose to be supported length ways and not by any strap systems. By the way,my board are only 16' long,and I have a 2550RCW. I figure that will be your next question. Welcome to the forum.

I use a Hydrohoist three buck V lift system on ESP 2375RCW. It works perfectly. I did talk with the engineers at Bennington and they told to be sure and get the bucks under the rear of the pontoons where most the weight is. As you know most the weight is in the rear where the fuel cell and motor are. Look at Hydrohoist website. www.Hydorhorist boat group.com

I use a Hydrohoist three buck V lift system on ESP 2375RCW. It works perfectly. I did talk with the engineers at Bennington and they told to be sure and get the bucks under the rear of the pontoons where most the weight is. As you know most the weight is in the rear where the fuel cell and motor are. Look at Hydrohoist website. www.Hydorhorist boat group.com

Just looked at the web site. There are several concerns with it when used in a brackish tidal area. The first would be the rough water conditions during coastal storms and the second would be the rust that comes with the salt water. As for lake conditions,it looks like a nice system. Only concern for the lake condition would be how ice would effect it in the winter.

I hear what you're saying. I have an older lift system. I used it on 27 ft Baja for 20 years. I retro fitted the lift in 2014 to fit my ESP. I think it's a model 6000 lift. The lift set on two fiberglass air tanks and has weather a lot of storms and ice over years with no problems. Actually the thing I have done to this lift is put on two sets on V bucks for the pontoon.   

I have a new 2016 Bennington 2350 RSFB on order and am preparing to take delivery. I will be keeping the boat in the sound at the Outer Banks of North Carolina near Kitty Hawk so I have two issues to deal with - shallow water in the sound and storms that come around regularly. I currently have a lift for a 10-year-old pontoon that has two pontoons and I have always lifted that boat up from under the deck without trying to support the individual pontoons. Does anyone know if this is an acceptable method to lift a Bennington out of the water?

Does Bennington publish any specs for methods to lift their boats? I want to make sure that I am not going to void the warranty by lifting the boat with bunk boards under the deck as opposed to trailer-style bunk boards that support the three individual pontoons? I have also seen pictures of a lift that had three 2x10 boards laid flat across the boat lift I-beams such that the pontoons would sit flat on the boards. This would also work for my application as it would only add an inch above the I-beams for the boat to float. Is it acceptable for the keels of the pontoons to rest on boards?

Thanks for your help!

New Bennington owner - almost.
Not to sound cliche However, I'm in the same Boat. I have a 2019 23' SXP and have received many opinions from different sales people on the type of lift I need. I did call the Bennington Factory in Elkhart and they recommend the three bunk system. Thats the only definite I have at this time

If you get any real recommendation, please share

Thanks

Back