Boat Lift Help

HurstNC

Reaction score
Hi all,  We joined the Bennington family this month and are proud owners of a 22SSRXP with SPS and Yamaha F150. We boat on Lake Wylie, SC.  We are very happy with the boat.

Can someone please post the lifting bulkhead locations for my hull?? I saw them previously and cannot locate the thread.  Here's the dilemma: 

I'm needing assistance with my boat lift cradle.  I replaced my cables.  I then removed the prior bunks (V-hull) and added 3 2"x8"x16'  boards.  The lift is a Doozie 4 post lift.  I believe the distance between the two I-beams is around 9 feet.  Obviously this setup doesn't properly support the 2x8 at the ends and I haven't attempted to lift the boat yet.. Only floated the boat over the submerged cradle to confirm it would "fit".  

I was thinking about bolting/screwing  1&1/2" flat steel bar on both sides of each 2x8.  Then I thought about using 1&1/2" Channel...  The top will receive 1/2" starboard after either reinforcement.  BUT after speaking with my brother/engineer, he said the ends will still sag and I should put I-beams under each pontoon.  

So now I'm pricing aluminum I-Beams.  They are available locally (Charlotte) at a good price.  I was thinking 2 beams for each toon (6 total) with the 2x8 then starboard mounted on top.  

Would I be better off with ONE I-Beam under each toon (3 total) and then adding 4 Bunk Brackets to each I-Beam.  picture of bracket below.

The aluminum I-Beam is 3" tall,  2.509" wide and .349" thick.

pontoon aluminum beam dim..PNG

pontoon trailer cradle.PNG

I wouldn't fret over supporting the whole toon. My bunks are only about 12' long. Some on here (TomS) have 14'.

SAM_3583_zps015d1ac5.jpg

I wouldn't fret over supporting the whole toon. My bunks are only about 12' long. Some on here (TomS) have 14'.

FYI Lakeliving:  We love our NuCraft lift.  Thank you for the great advice this past winter when we were looking at buying one.  That thing is beyond heavy duty!

No problem! Starting our 4th season with ours and still super happy. What did you do for load guides?

What did you do for load guides?

Based on your picture above, I think we have exactly what you have for load guides/toon supports.  I will take a picture this weekend.  We are very impressed with how well constructed the whole thing seems to be.  I think it will last us an extremely long time.

002.jpg is ours.

This is my set-up and bunks are 14'. 

/monthly_2017_05/large.IMG_0659.JPG.a56ae849c7e65f6737e8257f5276f8ca.JPG

Back