Boat lift ?s

Elite203

Reaction score
I'm doing some research on which lift I should get for a 22ssrcx with the Yamaha 150 on it. Is a 4500lb lift more than plenty or should I look at the 6500lb. It is an econolift and it has the optional rough water kit to it as well. Do any of you all have any insight into this? Thanks

Welcome! I have a 2017 24SSRX. I have a 4000 lb. lift. Boat, engine and fuel it weighs in at about 3800 lb. So you would weigh less,4500 lb. plenty.

My only insight would be that if you intend to purchase a larger boat down the road going with a little bit heavier lift would allow for it. Would be a bummer if you decide to get a larger have your boat and head to then upgrade your lift.

As mentioned above, you will be fine for your size boat. As I see it, there are two things to consider. First, is what was mentioned above by White Laker Going along with his point is if you ever decide to sell the lift for any reason. If it holds heavier boats, you can resell to a wider market of people. I switched from a covered lift to Sea Legs our 3rd year of the boat, and ending up selling the lift and canopy (which I would have never considered doing when I bought it).

The second is do you foresee using it as a makeshift deck when the boat is on the lift?

We found that there times when it was not unusual for us and our company to hang out on the boat when it is docked up with the light because it had a canopy for shade. When we had our lift and canopy (Sea Legs now), it allowed us to hang out in the equivalent of a covered deck on the water lakeside. And along with that came the weight of all us passengers on the boat. There were times we certainly had 1,000-1,500lbs worth of people on that boat on the lift.

Just something else to potentially consider IF you would ever use it that way.If within your budget, the 6500lbs version makes EVERYONE possible.

Back