Boat Lift Side Clearance

Yianni

Reaction score
To everyone with a boat lift, how much room do you have on the sides when coming into your slip?
I ask because I'm trying to retrofit my boat lift for a Tritoon and I'll only have 3 to 4 inches of width clearance.
Thoughts? Is it doable?
The problem is the vertical arms on the lift take up valuable space but the lift can't work without them.
I have a guy that can retrofit to Tritoon but are the clearances too close?

View attachment 24829

Last edited:
To everyone with a boat lift, how much room do you have on the sides when coming into your slip?
I ask because I'm trying to retrofit my boat lift for a Tritoon and I'll only have 3 to 4 inches of width clearance.
Thoughts? Is it doable?
The problem is the vertical arms on the lift take up valuable space but the lift can't work without them.
I have a guy that can retrofit to Tritoon but are the clearances too close?

View attachment 24829
Do you have a 108" or 120" lift ? Sounds like a 108" Measure it across.

The lift we used previously is 120” wide. I think it leaves me a few more inches of leeway than what you will be facing, and I find it incredibly challenging in many of our lakes current and wind conditions. I cannot imagine having any less margin for error.

Like Jeff our lift in MI was the 120" wide setup. Provided enough room for load guides and windy conditions. Not sure what our current setup is but it is wider than that.

I’m also at 120”. I assume you have a 8’6” boat with a 108” lift. That is a tight fit. Like Jeff and Lake said, with wind, current and waves, even with tight guides, you’ll be hitting the sides. If your situation is typically very calm, you may not have a problem.

Back