Boat lift

Matt Ribble

Reaction score
What is everyone doing for a boat lift for their Bennington since Bennington says the toons have to be supported on 2/3 or more of the toons?

NuCraft lift that supports all three toons. I’d post a picture, but issues with the photo sharing website I use. If I get it figured out, I’ll post some.

If this works, here is a picture of our lift:

Attachments

• EAAF0F5D-638F-4B40-A74A-1BF2B8F888C2.jpeg
    EAAF0F5D-638F-4B40-A74A-1BF2B8F888C2.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 107
Ours is a 22'.

24’

Cwag please educate me as I don't use a lift, I have seen the picture of yours and others and they all look the same with the flat boards. I can see the obvious placement of the toons on Vikingstaff's lift. I would have to believe that each of your toons sits directly on the plank. Is it more difficult to "park" on yours? What are the pros and cons of each lifting method?

It's not a problem and the boat sits between the guides on the sides. It doesn't have to sit in a certain spot.

Carl, what's the clearance on sides, from your rubrail to guides when you are on your lift?

It's about 2"-3".

Last edited:
I have 1” of total clearance in my setup similar to Carl’s, but the PVC pipes have some give.

Nice looking boat!

Yeah what he said! ;)
Love that color scheme!

What is everyone doing for a boat lift for their Bennington since Bennington says the toons have to be supported on 2/3 or more of the toons?

I just ordered my Bennington. 21 SLXP / SPS / 150 HP. I need to have my current lift modified for a tritoon. I'm looking for any requirements that Bennington has to make sure I don't inadvertently void my warranty. Can you point me in the direction of the Bennington requirements?

The lift company that is giving me a quote, says I have a choice of two styles they can install.

If this works, here is a picture of our lift:
The first has three bunks that will cradle each toon (sounds like it would be would work like the pic that Vikingstaff posted above). While this sounds like the best lift for the toon, not sure it is best for the challenged boater. The lift guy did say that it will be a little harder for me to get the boat lined up on this set up. (And I'm not a great boat docker with wind and current - actually, not even a great boat docker with no wind and no current.) :)

The second method he described sounds easier to load onto - essentially two supports that will straddle the middle toon and lift the boat by the deck - no support for the toons. I don't know if this would be Bennington approved.

I saw Carl's set up above. Looks like three boards - seems like less driving precision on my part would be involved than on Vikingstaff's bunks. Carl - does it matter where these boards line up with respect to the toons, or is the clearance between the guide rails narrow enough that you just need to keep it between the guide rails and all will be well?
This is ours.

Thanks for any suggestions and information!

Between the guides and all is aligned.

Back