Boat Mirrors

Kahlua0517

Reaction score
I see some members (like Jack) have mirrors on their Benningtons.  I like the PTMEDGE mirrors but at near $300 they seem somewhat overpriced.  Any pros and cons beyond the obvious?

The PTMedge pontoon boat mirror is probably the best accessory I've ever bought for our boat. It's made out of high quality aluminum and it is a must if you do any kind of watersports or if you just want to see what's going on behind you. There's 3 different ways you can mount it to your boat............ 2 ways to the rail............1) by drilling 2 holes and mounting it w/screws or 2)  using double faced tape and set screws w/a clamp. 3) By bolting it directly to your helm or console................It is well worth the money.............whichever one you choose!

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/uploads/gallery/album_354/gallery_1283_354_308534.jpg

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/uploads/gallery/album_354/gallery_1283_354_674988.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That mirror is worth every penny and I don't have to keep asking my wife what's going on behind us.   B)

Thanks for the responses.  Does the mirror interfere in any way with the mooring cover?  I see some of them fold flat.

Thanks for the responses.  Does the mirror interfere in any way with the mooring cover?  I see some of them fold flat.
My PTM folds flat, no issues at all.

That was my concern also ,no issues at all 

I have the bigger one and love it. Worth every penny, I just unscrew the mirror from the bracket and set it under the helm at the end of the day. That way I don't have to worry about it on the highway.

Man...I really want one of these mirrors...but I have the same feeling on the price.  But after just getting our tube up and going this past weekend, my neck is sore from turning around constantly.  Although we have spotters, it hard to not watch the action.

Does anyone have a mirror other than the PTM Edge that they like?

Man...I really want one of these mirrors...but I have the same feeling on the price.  But after just getting our tube up and going this past weekend, my neck is sore from turning around constantly.  Although we have spotters, it hard to not watch the action.

Come on, you want that one ...  :p

Once you see the Quality ,you will not regret the investment .You own a Bennington she deserves the best . :D

I just ordered the larger Pro version, It is the best looking mirror I have found on the net

I just ordered the larger Pro version, It is the best looking mirror I have found on the net

I've been looking at the PTM Edge PXR 100 Pro too.  Although it's $300 I will still order one.  Anyone ever see these things discounted?

There's no break anywhere.

Ordered mine yesterday, it will be delivered today! fast service

Does the smaller PXR 100 provide pretty good coverage for tubing and get the job done or is the bigger PRO model the way to go? If the smaller one works good thats the way i may go just seeing what y'all think who own them.

If you are doing water sports ,I would go with the larger one 

ugh...this is going to cost me another few hundo...we're also adding a privacy enclosure.

Will this ever end!

No not until you get rid of the boat.....

If I bought a $300 mirror, my wife would first call me an idiot, then ask me why I can't just turn my head and look?

What do I say to that?  Is this an "old guy" thing?

Back