Boat names

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
I just purchased my first Bennington about three weeks ago. I have looked over a lot of the posts on this site and have enjoyed the reads. I did notice that there were no threads on boat names so I thought I would start one. You know it's bad luck not to name your boat. Because I have spent so much time and money on my boat since I got it, with my girlfriend asking me what did you buy for her today, I named my boat "Jolene"! You have to be a Dolly Parton fan to understand that one. What's your boats name?

There have been several threads discussing Boat names. Look for them in the search box at the top right.

My hubby and I went back and forth on names for quite some time. He then decided to follow his dad's tradition of naming his boats after his daughters or their nicknames. My daughter's name is Kaitlyn and I called her Katie Bug when she was little. So that is what we are naming the boat.

We used "Linked at Last" as our wedding theme at our wedding due to fact that we were together for 30 years before we got married (first wedding for each of us). Then decided to name the boat that as well as a reference to the fact that we hardly had ever boated until we were 56 years old. We loved it to the point that we jumped all in and bought lake front within 4 months of buying our boat

Our last two were Looney Toonz (1&2)
This one is Comfortably Numb. We are Floyd fans and we are so comfortable on the boat and numb to all the stresses of life when we are on it.

Last edited:
I want to use "Surface Attension" for ours but my wife says no one will know what that means.

Being an Obstetrician, we have named our new Benny "Elective Sea-Section."

Have never named one of my boats. Probably why I've had such bad luck with ours...

...we haven't found just the right one yet. I am sure we will know it when we hear it.

We’re in the “same boat” on this topic. :D Just haven’t settled on anything after our first year with it.

We’re in the “same boat” on this topic. :D Just haven’t settled on anything after our first year with it.

There you go .... “Undecided”
Or maybe “What’s Her Name”
...:p

28959263_10160248628770232_2292976704534085632_n.jpg

Back