Boat Transport firms?

ScottinLKN

Reaction score
New guy here again, with yet another question...  I'm needing to ship my recently purchased 2012 QCW from Northern PA to Lake Norman in NC.  I bought the boat with no trailer and really don't want or need one.   So far, every shipping company I've found only does them on a trailer.  I do have an inquiry into Lighthouse Transport in NY but I'm wondering if any of you, especially those on LKN, have any favorite companies you've dealt with in the past.

Thanks in advance for any tips...

Scott

I would check out Uship. Get that sexy Robbie Welsh to deliver it! They specialize in boats they say!

1822.jpg

I had a horrible experience with Uship. I don't recommend using them.  

Yeah, so far, not too impressed with uShip.... couple of offers from what sound like guys with a rag-tag pick-up truck and and a sleeping bag.  Haven't seen anything remotely resembling the photo above.  Suspect that's equally trouble-prone as the aforementioned "transport professionals" ...  

The hunt continues and time to summer grows shorter... keep those cards and letters coming... and thanks again ---

Check with your local marina. They arranged a local driver to drive mine door to door on their trailer, I think about $1.50 a mile or so.

For the price of about $3500, you can have a nice trailer. How much do you think it'll cost to ship it and have nothing but a cancelled check? At least if you have a trailer you'd have something for your money and who knows it might come in handy for other things like using it as a utility trailer to clean up the yard. LOL 

The trailer purchase might seem simple, but I don't have a vehicle suitable for towing, nor adequate for storage, so the hunt continues.   Good thought though, thanks.

I know my marina does transport not sure if he would be interested but he certainly has the setup and always seems reasonable in pricing on everything.  Give him a call, Adam at Reets Boatworks (518) 332-3629

Last edited by a moderator:
Back