Boat Upgrades

kaydano

Reaction score
Lots of new people ask about each of the "upgrades" you can get on build a boat.  Should I get this?  What do you think about that?  It would be nice if there was a special folder, with one thread for each upgrade or feature you can buy with your boat.  For example, one thread might be for "Raised Helm".  People with the raised helm could then list what they like and dislike about it, pros/cons, etc.  There could be threads for each of the hull types.  Even a thread just on cupholders...  The build a boat site doesn't always explain very much.  There aren't even photos of some things.  Just seems like something a lot of people would benefit from.  It would take a lot of work to create, but over time I'm sure the info would fill in nicely and quite naturally.

Excellent idea.

Accurate  pics on the build site would help too .

When I was pricing an arch the pic is a tower ,Big Difference .

yeah, they don't even have accurate pictures of the boats, .  Think they need clarification on stuff as well, everything should have a picture, .  I think though a lot of what people want to know is already here if they do a search.  

Great Idea, I maybe wouldn't have been infected with P.A.D's if this were in place..

Great Idea, I maybe wouldn't have been infected with P.A.D's if this were in place..
Could that be their plan ? :D

If it is its working .

Last edited by a moderator:
Could that be their plan ? :D

If it is its working .
I am guessing you might just be right.. B)   Sneaky People   :lol:

But it could also backfire and turn some away.... :eek:

I am guessing you might just be right.. B)   Sneaky People   :lol:

But it could also backfire and turn some away.... :eek:
With all the new members lately ( forum and PAD's ).I dont think any one has turned away :rolleyes:

I was at the dealer yesterday ,he said he was already expecting me next spring .

I reminded him that my new one still has the factory wrap on it .

With all the new members lately ( forum and PAD's ).I dont think any one has turned away :rolleyes:

I was at the dealer yesterday ,he said he was already expecting me next spring .

I reminded him that my new one still has the factory wrap on it .
Well I guess we will see next spring  :D

As for me I am pretty sure I will keep my new one for awhile..

I think we should be happy with this one. 

I honestly cant think of what more we would have added .

I know there are a lot more options available ,but it is just my wife and myself. We talked over everything on the build site.

She got the style of furniture she wanted ( rear loungers ) and color scheme . I picked what I wanted .Originally I didn't have the wet sounds .

She told me to order it  ,because she didn't want to go through this again next year .

You got a smart woman there Jack !!!

She must be ,it will be our 30th anniversary in December 

Dan,

That's a great idea. People could start posting pics of those option not shown, and probably better or updated versions of the item.

Why don't you start a thread in the Technical section. I'm not sure if you can do subsection in a thread though, I never paid attention to that .....

Great idea Kaydano!  As Semper said, not sure how to do so to make it navigable though

Congrats, our 30th is in May.
Congratulations to you also .

The RCW was our anniversary gift to our self's .We signed the papers the day before our 29th .

If we could get a "main folder" called "Options and Upgrades" or something to that effect, then each thread could have it's own topic, and it should stay pretty self organized.  For example, the raised helm thread would simply be called "Raised Helms", and everyone would add whatever they care to say about raised helms in that thread.  The moderators could keep things organized like they do with the props and power section.  But for anyone new building a new boat, they could find everything they need regarding all the options right in that folder.

If we can get a main folder, I would certainly contribute as much as I can.  But, it doesn't make sense to me to just have it spread all over the forum, or even in a folder with a bunch of other unrelated stuff.  The point would be to set aside a special place for the newbie to just start running down the list of options, reading about whatever option interests them.

Seems like all this would need to be policed somewhat (mostly just kept organized) kinda like the props and power section.  Could one of the moderators check with TB about getting a new folder added?

Sound good to me. That would really be helpful and easier to navigate.

People would need to use the search function to get the full value out of it. Sounds like a good idea though. I really like the power prop thread where you can go through and see how similar boats run.

As someone looking for this exact information today, it would have been incredibly helpful.  My day was spent living in "search" and looking through tons of posts that were really irrelevant for what I was looking for.  Although, as a resource this forum is great, but that section would be a great place to start for us newbies.

Back