Boat Upgrades

A virtual dealer! I LIKE it!

I was talking about your 2015.

Thanks Carl!!!

Okay, now what?

I like the S, G, R, Q thing, but what about common stuff across all models?
Maybe a must have thread in the new section. List your must haves any why.

I was talking about your 2015.
Haha, I'm pretty sure I'm good for now. Heck one of these days I'll have to figure out how I'm going to afford gas and insurance for it too.

Haha, I'm pretty sure I'm good for now. Heck one of these days I'll have to figure out how I'm going to afford gas and insurance for it too.
I was pleasantly surprised how inexpensive the insurance is for the boat and trailer here.

With saying that , our family thinks we are crazy for what we pay in insurance with the houses and toys.

Am I the only one who gets this 

You are so LUCKY !

Of course I am..... you come to my home empty handed, allow us to weigh on you hand and foot.

You use our water toys, eat our food, drink our pop (soda for some) and burn our gas

Then you leave without cleaning up while saying how lucky I am only to return again !!!!!!!!!!!

The lucky ones are the people who do not share in the cost, upkeep, or work involved.

smiley-question-face.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to that!     B)

For what ever it is worth, For the S guys out there, I could post pictures of the options on my boat when I get it, It has 25 additional options from a stock boat.

That is if this Idea would be a go. My build date is 4/11/14 and won't have it until end of April or beginning of May. 
How did you find out your build date?  My dealer insists he can't find out the build date in advance.  He says they will only tell him once it has started being built.

I bought at this years Pittsburgh Boat Show 

Dealer gave me the build date after placing order

Total time was 6 weeks 

Boat will be at dealer's locale March 28th 

If we get some warm temps I will be taking posession ASAP

Otherwise May1st

How did you find out your build date?  My dealer insists he can't find out the build date in advance.  He says they will only tell him once it has started being built.
The dealer just has to call or email the person that processes the order. The dealer can get the build date in about a week or so after the order is confirmed.

There have been many people on the forum here that have received there build dates after they have asked the dealer for it.

Any of you that have can chime in and tell us how you have received your build dates, I am guessing it would be the same for all of us. :)

Your dealer should be able to get that info 

Unless your dealer doesn't have enough boats to order to complete a load. Usually the dealer needs to have 4 (sometimes 3 depending on tower models) to get them built. At least that is how I understand it. Bennington doesn't want to build 1 boat and then have it sit there for a month for there to be a shipment going. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that is similar to what I was told. 

Yep, our dealer said he gets them built in blocks of 4 so he can fill a delivery truckload.

Build dates are also subject to change.  Over a month ago my dealer told me my build date was 17 March and I asked for pictures (before they said no more pictures).  I was just told yesterday that someone from Bennington sales went to take pictures on the 21 March build date (it was changed unbeknownst to me), but the boat was actually built the day before.  Therefore no pictures.  I'm sure there are a multitude of factors that drive changes to build dates.  

Lots of new people ask about each of the "upgrades" you can get on build a boat.  Should I get this?  What do you think about that?  It would be nice if there was a special folder, with one thread for each upgrade or feature you can buy with your boat.  For example, one thread might be for "Raised Helm".  People with the raised helm could then list what they like and dislike about it, pros/cons, etc.  There could be threads for each of the hull types.  Even a thread just on cupholders...  The build a boat site doesn't always explain very much.  There aren't even photos of some things.  Just seems like something a lot of people would benefit from.  It would take a lot of work to create, but over time I'm sure the info would fill in nicely and quite naturally.
I think you DID IT! You guys made it happen! I see a new Forum option!!

YAY, I think it's such a good idea! :D

Yep, our dealer said he gets them built in blocks of 4 so he can fill a delivery truckload.

Build dates are also subject to change.  Over a month ago my dealer told me my build date was 17 March and I asked for pictures (before they said no more pictures).  I was just told yesterday that someone from Bennington sales went to take pictures on the 21 March build date (it was changed unbeknownst to me), but the boat was actually built the day before.  Therefore no pictures.  I'm sure there are a multitude of factors that drive changes to build dates.  
My build date was 2/27/14  ,as it turned out it was built 5-6 days early. Doesn't help though still a lot of snow & ice here

Last edited by a moderator:
I told the neighbor the ice will be off in 2.5 weeks. Probably not going to happen but temps ranging for 40's to 60 with rain during that time will help.

Good luck getting the ice cleared -- I hope it's soon.  Hopefully I'll be on the water in 2 - 3 weeks once the boat gets delivered and rigged.

I know there are a lot of us itching to see how the SPS 200s perform!

That is for sure! I think there are 3 of us with that motor and sps.

Pretty sure i still have a bit of a wait, talked to a guy that was out fishing the other day, said there was still 46" of ice. Yup, 46".

Last I heard we were close to 70 inches 

we are 26" - 31".  Thinking about ordering a truckload of EZ Melt to at least make a small spot for my boat

Back