Boat Value

bjpell

Reaction score
I looked at NADA value, I can't believe its correct. Can anyone help me on the vale of a 2019 Bennington 23 SSBXP with 75hrs, auto bimini, kicker sound and a 250 yamaha SHO? It cost 68k new and now trade in of only 45k?

I hate NADA, blue book, etc.. I've never sold a vehicle at blue book, because I tend to care for stuff beyond what they expect in their value process. Same for boats. If it's in perfect condition, I would be somewhere between those two numbers and see what happens. Especially in today's market. You can always go down if it's not selling, but going up is a little tougher. NADA is telling you what similar boats are selling for, but who's to say yours has to be similar. Give it a shot.

I looked at NADA value, I can't believe its correct. Can anyone help me on the vale of a 2019 Bennington 23 SSBXP with 75hrs, auto bimini, kicker sound and a 250 yamaha SHO? It cost 68k new and now trade in of only 45k?
This is a seller’s market. New is limited to what dealers have in stock and ordering would get you a late summer delivery at best. If someone wants to get out on the water now top price on a used boat is the only way. I’m sure in this market you can get way more than 45. I would recommend to price out something similar on boat trader and see what asking is now. I would think 55-60 might not be unrealistic? Also depends on where you live. East coast or Florida sounded like not many boats available. Midwest maybe better inventory but depends on location. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with typical trade in values for boats but would suspect this is a $60k-ish boat. $15k spread seems a bit high, so I would imagine you could get low to mid-50's at least on a trade in.

Just sell private, people are buying sight unseen these days, crazy.

I'm buying this boat from a friend. I'm trying to make sure the price is good if I don't like it, I can trade it in on something else without losing my shirt. Friend bought it last summer for 69k, 73k otd in Michigan. Hardly use it much, about 50 hrs on it. My price is 49,500.
I'm trying to see what the boat is actually worth. What it would do for trade-in, or private party sale the end of the summer.

Unless there's something wrong with it, buy it immediately! And even it there is something wrong, buy it immediately. That's a steal...
Agreed. If you don't buy there would probably be a handful of people here that would in a heartbeat!

They could sell their 2018 with a 150 right now for the same price, so instant free upgrade.

That's why I was asking about resale value. It seems to me that this boat is going used for 60k right now.

I concur with ALL the comments above. Snag it fast!!! If you listed it yourself, In this market competing against limited supply more expensive new boats, I’d expect you to pull a solid 60k for it, or be able to hold the line for a 50-55k trade in. Getting that boat at 49K is a deal. A total deal!!!

I disagree with everyone that says that is low. That price is so high for that boat, you should feel personally insulted to the point of never talking to that "friend" again. It's so high it's even got me mad. PM me his contact info right now and I'll get a hold of him and tell him how insulted you are.

;-) ;-) :)

I disagree with everyone that says that is low. That price is so high for that boat, you should feel personally insulted to the point of never talking to that "friend" again. It's so high it's even got me mad. PM me his contact info right now and I'll get a hold of him and tell him how insulted you are.

;-) ;-) :)
You're killin me Sunedog!!!

Welcome to the forum Bjpell......... BUY IT! It's from a friend. You know how he kept it and what shape it's in. You can't lose!!!

Boat purchased. Now I need a trailer. Any suggestions for brand/type, things to look for or avoid? I plan to take it on some long hauls off my lake while vacation and such. Thanks for your knowledge, and help so far--this group is amazing.

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

Boat purchased. Now I need a trailer. Any suggestions for brand/type, things to look for or avoid? I plan to take it on some long hauls off my lake while vacation and such. Thanks for your knowledge, and help so far--this group is amazing.
I have a Venture galvanized trailer for my tritoon. Has worked fine for the past 5 years...but I only put 150 miles a year on it.

I have had 2 Hoosier trailers and love them. They have 10" tires so easier to launch in shallow water and no side flex in the tire. I tow 1400 miles ever summer except 2020 and probably 2021, Canada, closed border, and the price is reasonable.

My research attached - also use the search, lots of prior comments and ideas. Best is to find a local builder, most places I called quoted 14 to 18 weeks or longer.

Attachments

• Trailer Builld Specs 6 BOC.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
I have a Venture galvanized trailer for my tritoon. Has worked fine for the past 5 years...but I only put 150 miles a year on it.
Like Joeb I currently have a galvanized Venture trailer with 13 inch tires and disc brakes and love it so far. (Never had a galvanized one before) I had a painted Yacht Club trailer for 12 yrs. before that. It served us well!

Back