Boaters Comments

Boomers dad

Reaction score
What kind of comments have you been recieving from other boaters. This past weekend I had a guy swim across a cove, 100 yrds just to look at my boat. He went on and on about how someday he wanted a Bennington. It's seems everytime I go out I receive comments from others about how nice my boat is and how great Benningtons are. It's funny how most people think you have to spend 50k plus to own a Benny. I keep telling people the with S series you can get into a Bennington for much less than they think. Hey, maybe Bennington should be paying me commission :D

Actually, the "S" series IS a Bennington. It used to be a separate brand named "Sedona" in much the same way Cadillac and Oldsmobile were separate, but now it's folded into the line.

But you're right...

The quality level, even in the "entry" models is high enough that on a lake that's lousy with pontoon boats, I get compliments on a regular basis.

Didn't mean to imply that the S series is not a Bennington. It's a Benny thru and thru and at a great price. By the way I would not consider the S series a entry level boat. Compared to other boats in that price range, well there is no comparison the S series blows them away. Before purchasing my boat I looked at alot of boats from top end to entry level and came to the conclusion that for the money I could not beat a Bennington. I did not go with the Q series or even the R series I went with the FSi. I made a list of what was important ( Quality, Warranty etc ) and how I was going to use the boat and the FSi was a perfect fit.

Since taking ownership of my Bennington 2574 GCW I have received many compliments. In fact I was at a bar three weeks ago, and there was a boat show occuring at the bar. Bennington wasn't represented, but I pulled up, went to bar to get a cocktail, and the next thing I know I have a line of people looking at my boat. I went back out there, and let people get on the boat, talk about the ESP package and how it handles. I now carry business cards of the salesperson who sold me my boat and just pass them out when they ask about the boat. I know I stopped in last Sunday, and the sales rep sold 6 Benningtons that week.

I would go for a Bennington shirt/hoodie!

I receive comments all the time as well. I only know of one potential sale so far. However, lots of people make the comment, they wish they had one like it. Makes me proud to own one.

We are in a large cove and people pull up to our RCW all the time for a look. It was a hit at the marina when we stopped for lunch recently. The most frequent comments have been "I've seen a lot of pontoons boats before but nothing like this". I just beam like a proud poppa and say thanks.

I agree with all comments above. Especially with cruising the canals at night with the side and underwater led lights on.

rear facing loungers get most of the attention from other brand owners.

Great boats and great people. We are so happy with our purchase

Todd

I did not go with the Q series or even the R series I went with the FSi. I made a list of what was important ( Quality, Warranty etc ) and how I was going to use the boat and the FSi was a perfect fit.
You know, I've looked at them quite a bit because the Fishing models (F Series) have some seating options that Bennington might do well to offer on other models.

For me personally, I like the idea of individual seats as much as possible. If I could do it I would love to have say, a 25 foot model with four "Captains chairs" in the bow section instead of any couches.

I also really like a Starboard fence gate, since I boat by myself so much.

I concur with you all. I hear comments like....Bennington is the "top of the line" for pontoons. Everywhere I go I get great comments on the boat. Last week some young kid came into the cove and anchored close to my boat. A couple older guys that are regulars in the cove told the kid to move his boat away from my new benny. B) I appreciated their concern. Most folks rave about the loungers but some folks really like the fact the we can move the bow gate seat around and change the look (looks like a sectional couch).

i don't think i've ever been out and not gotten compliments. even the stereotypical younger crowd (i'm 30 so my friends are in that category LOL) that are all in to ski/fast boats and not in to pontoons really like my benny. i've heard whoa this is way nicer than my dad's/grandpa's pontoon. I'm in a pretty big slip because i wanted alot of decking and surrounded by super nice expensive cabin cruisers that are in the 100's of thousands of dollars and people are complimenting me all the time although none of them have taken me up on my offer to trade them for their 42 foot sea ray's etc...HAHA

I probably get the most remarks on the lights at night and the rear loungers. As Skeptic said being able to move the bow seat is awesome too. I also have the ottoman cooler which alot of people like as well. 2 teak tables to sit and eat at and having a grill on the back is a big plus. there really is more room to move around and cook and eat and relax than alot of the cruisers out there. Hands down Bennington is the best and offers so many options that you can really make your boat stand out from anything else out there. They really pay attention to the details and all the little touches are what make them the "mercedes benz" of pontoons.

My wife and I have received lots of complements on our Bennington.

One comment came from the Game Warden, not sure if she was being serious or looking for contra band.

The otter comment came from a guy launching a 28ft Tracker Pontoon next to me. He said, " wow, Bennington....nice boat". "Those are the Cadillac's of the Pontoon Industry". I think he was right. We just have an "S" series. Although we get a lot of stares on the water, I can only imagine what you R and Q series guys get for compliments.

LIke member Matt had mentioned, a few of my friends have Tige', Natiques, and misc speed and wakeboard boats and have mentioned how Pontoon quality has come along way. Although I am only 34, 10 years ago, I would not have considered buying one.

Will

Dang Matthew, I love those LEDs.

"Those are the Cadillacs of the Pontoon Industry".
My boating buds, who have seen and used all kinds of boats, large and small, call mine the "Water Escalade."

Nice! Would be an excellent boat name. Too bad I already named mine. I thought about some Escalade wheels for the trailer, but they don't run that small. Lol!

My boating buds, who have seen and used all kinds of boats, large and small, call mine the "Water Escalade."

Got mine last year; Benny's are new here up north of you gents (Eastern Ontario, Canada). Compliments everywhere we go, and having shopped for close to a year, I was personally impressed with quality of fit, finish, not to mention warranty. A year later, still pleased as punch with our choice... and ours is "just" a little old 20SLI. Makes the other pontoons on the river look "tired". Also, with a 60 Merc Bigfoot, our kids (and their friends) love the tubing action. Runs and pulls fast enough for wakeboarding, so I'm told, but have not gone there yet...

Happy Cruising! B)

Haha, I like that! Since I drive an Escalade, I could say "yup, I got a Water Escalade too"

Back