Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Boats Coming Out for the Season

Discussion in 'Midwest U.S.' started by Vikingstaff, Sep 3, 2017.

1. mattb

mattb Well-Known Member

I forgot my daughter had a choir recital today, didn't get out. Oh well, it was a good show. We'll still get one or two when the leaves change.

2. Alicedream

Alicedream Well-Known Member

Well, we had our last boat day yesterday in Missouri. It was an awesome day. 94 degree and no wind and hardly any boats on a 55,000 acre lake. It was bitter sweet day. We will pull the boat out next Saturday. We used the boat a lot this summer with just about 90 hours on the new F300! Traveled a total of 1,700 miles on the lake according to the Simrad GPS. And gulp used about 685 gallons of gas. It was great would not change a thing about the boat.

3. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

93 here today ,down to the 50's later this week

4. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

95 here today ,water was 74 warmest of the season

Link likes this.
  5. 1Blderbob

1Blderbob Well-Known Member

Wow,the numbers are hard to look at! Avg mpg-2.5,gph-7.6. But it's all worth it! So I guess I'll just zero out the memory on the boats i-command so I won't even think about it. As said before,it's all worth it. So here's to sweet winter dreams of another great boating season next year.

6. Alicedream

Yes the numbers from GPH and MPG are interesting. It is all in how you drive also. We have a huge lake and we like to cruise fast at times and do a lot of water sports. If you look at F300 specs, I am right where you would expect with the numbers. It has been a lot of fun putting 23 RCW through it's paces this summer.

7. lostpacket

lostpacket Well-Known Member

You guys can't put the boat on a mooring in front of the house? Not that much fun to get to it but better than not boating, no?

8. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

So does your Simrad GPS keep track of your fuel usage too? Pretty cool! Or are you just estimating?

We used our boat a lot this summer too. But our fuel usage is way less than half as yours at about 250-275 gallons.

9. Alicedream

I had my Simrad linked to the engine information via NEMA 2000 network so yes I can get fuel usage off of Simrad but also my Yamaha 6yc gauge. The Simrad tracks every trip including time of the trip, average speed, max speed, gallons per hour, miles per gallon and total miles traveled. It also keeps track of total usage and the 6yc gauges do the same. I really like checking my numbers after every time out on the boat. With regard to my fuel usage, I probably average close to 40 miles per boat trip and my average speed is probably near 30. You get up to 40 MPH with the F300 and your burning 24 gallon per hour and at full speed your burning 26 gallons per hour.

BigKahuna and Vikingstaff like this.
  10. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

I thought about some sort of mooring, or literally moving my lift out there. However my area is so shallow all the way out to were it drops off a bit. It would basically be about 200-230' out from shore. I worry about people messing with it, jet skis and others maybe hitting it not paying attention or night boating, or a big storm toss up white caps on it. Anyway, I just don't trust it with it having to be so far out due to shallowness.

11. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

Any chance of ever having it dredged?!?

12. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

Sadly, no. We cannot do anything in that regard. They tightened all of that type of thing down some time ago.