Bow filler seat Fasteners

Badmofo

Reaction score
Hey all. New to the group but, looks like there is a wealth of info and knowledge here! I have a question on the straps that are on my bow filler seat.... The straps broke that have snaps on the end to hold it to the front door of the toon.... Seems that the screws in the seat that the straps were fastened to are through bolted behind the middle back cushion.... So my question is , how to get the bolts/screws out so i can replace the straps. Or how is everyone else fastening the bow filler seat so when you trailer it stays put. Btw this is on a 2009 2275 RLi. Thanks for the help!

Hmmm... Mine never came with any kind of straps, just gravity and it's general heftiness to hold it in place. Mine usually rides in front of the port side door because with it in the bow door spot it interferes with getting to the cooler. Not that that's very important. :rolleyes:

Yup, what Chris Z said.

Welcome to the Benny family! I've got a 2016 GCW and there were no straps on my filler seat either. We don't tow so that hasn't been a problem for us. Perhaps you could just put something in it that would add enough extra weight so it doesn't move around. However, we have some pretty smart people on this site so if you posted a few pictures, maybe you'd get some ideas on how to repair the straps. Be sure and post a picture of your boat as well...

We always just moved it to the port gate for towing, one less surface to clean bug guts off! Never had straps on either of them.

No straps on mine either . It also sits at the port side gate ,wife uses it as a foot stool

Mine on my 2018 seems to have a slide in locking feature. You can't set it down you have to slide it between the permanent seats, if that makes sense.

No straps on mine either . It also sits at the port side gate ,wife uses it as a foot stool

This is the same answer I would have responded with. Wife likes it in front of the co-captain's chair.

I'm still debating if I should order one on #3 or not .Its never used for its intended purpose .

Jack, the only reason I have one is because it came on the floor model that I bought from the local dealer.

Personally, I think it depends on how your boat is configured and how you board it. We have four gates and board our vessel from either the port, starboard or stern. As such, we keep ours in the bow which then makes for a very nice seating arrangement. If we used our bow gate, I'd be less inclined to have the filler seat.

Keep mine in port door all the time and when trailering. Fits perfectly and does not move. Wife loves it. If I put in bow, it moves when I go fast. If I did not have a snugg fit in the port door, i would not use it.

We decided today while out ,we will order it . Worst case it sits in the basement . How much more would it cost to order later and would it match ?

Mine has no straps and it stays in front of the port gate, usually used as a foot stool.

Back