Bow gate seat/area dimensions

JLM007

Reaction score
Hi all - Hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday season.
I have a 23LSRC on order for the spring and was curious if anyone had the bow gate seat area dimensions handy. Among many of the boat related Christmas gifts this year was a cooler. Just want to make sure it fits in that space before keeping or returning for another. I did a quick search of the forum and the results were mostly for older models. Thanks

Hi all - Hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday season.
I have a 23LSRC on order for the spring and was curious if anyone had the bow gate seat area dimensions handy. Among many of the boat related Christmas gifts this year was a cooler. Just want to make sure it fits in that space before keeping or returning for another. I did a quick search of the forum and the results were mostly for older models. Thanks
The L series is new for the 2021 model year, so not many people have them yet. Maybe some have received theirs and have it accessible. However, it might be quicker to call the dealership and have them find out for you with it being the off season on a new model boat; at least it‘s the off season for us northerners.

Thanks, Vikingstaff. Gave both the Marina and Bennington a call earlier and both seem to be closed. Some well deserved time off, I guess. I'm thinking bow seat area is probably pretty consistent across the "standard" lines (S, SX, L, LX) but could be mistaken. Like you said, we're a long way from the season so plenty of time to get this figured out!

We have an igloo max cold 70 quart roller cooler and it fits between the 2 front seats of our gsr2250.

61lO5%2B4cZOL._AC_SX466_.jpg

According to my shop drawing it's 23.75", but as Viking mentioned I wouldn't rely on other models or model years.

View attachment 28522

Impressive shop drawing! Did you put this together yourself or was it something Bennington provided. Either way, very helpful. Thanks!

We have an igloo max cold 70 quart roller cooler and it fits between the 2 front seats of our gsr2250.

61lO5%2B4cZOL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Good to know. We got a Igloo Max Cold Profile 54 so I think it should fit in there nicely as well.

We were very torn on the bow gate seat but untimely decided to pass on it as we don't have a place to store it when note in use. The cooler, while not nearly as comfortable or custom, should provide utility, mobility and a seat (in a pinch).

Impressive shop drawing! Did you put this together yourself or was it something Bennington provided. Either way, very helpful. Thanks!
I have many talents but blueprinting isn't one of them! I don't think I could even draw a straight line these days with my failing eyesight and pre-arthritis. I paid Bennington to provide shop drawings for my custom build so I could ensure dimensions were to my specifications. We added a dinette table, removed midship bench, shortened the bow furniture and added bass seats so it was a one-off for sure.

It was one of the selling points about Bennington that impressed me, their willingness to work with the customer and build whatever they wanted. For anal retentive types like me it's a necessity for our toys. Next project is customizing an M1A... another hole to throw $$$ into!

I ordered a 2021 26LXL and got the blueprint like Potomacbassin did. Mine also shows 23.75. I would assume that is the standard size for the front gate and the bow seat. I would feel pretty safe going by those measurements. Of course… You know what they say about assuming anything…. ;)

I ordered a 2021 26LXL and got the blueprint like Potomacbassin did. Mine also shows 23.75. I would assume that is the standard size for the front gate and the bow seat. I would feel pretty safe going by those measurements. Of course… You know what they say about assuming anything…. ;)

Did they send this to you for free or did you have to ask/pay? Sounds like OP should be able to get this from Benny now instead of waiting?

Did they send this to you for free or did you have to ask/pay? Sounds like OP should be able to get this from Benny now instead of waiting?
I was also trying to customize my layout and the location of the battery in the fuel tank. My salesman got with the regional manager who got with engineering who provided the drawing for me. I would start by reaching out to your salesman or just emailing Bennington directly with the specific model you’re interested in and maybe they can get engineering to forward you the schematics for your boat. This is free but I’m sure not many people require it so they don’t make it readily available.

We have both the ottoman/cooler that the wife uses in front of the co-captain seat to put her feet up and stores her sunscreen - hat - extra towel in......never used as a cooler. We bought the bow filler seat right after we got our boat. Truthfully unless you plan on having a full boat of people every time you go out its kind of a waste of money and space. Ours spends most of its time in the spare bedroom at our lake house and not on the boat. I would say most of the time its just the wife and me (possibly a few friends) out on the boat anyway.

Your situation may be different than ours though.

Bear in mind that measurement shown above (23.75”) is gate size, not distance between seats. The different levels of seats also probably have different overhang/front curve design so a SX to SXP to L may vary in width from “seat to seat”.

Back