Bow Gate Seat

Ours fits snugly in the bow but can tip if someone sits on the very edge. We also keep it in the starboard gate where it is not so snug but it usually stays in place. It does sound like a "one size fits all" approach leaves some of us less than happy with its performance.

Thanks, glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. At the same time its sad that you and others have experienced the same. It is down right embarrassing to take friends out on my new boat and put up with this. It slides all over the place no difference if the seat is located at the helm or side gate. Making matters worse is the tipping issue.
You may be on to something with the R series. Would be interesting to take my seat out and slip it into an R-series to see how it stacks up.
My new Bennington is a beauty but I really question the quality when weighing in on the price.
Sad, that Bennington would allow a flaw like this to leave the factory. I purchased the Bennington because of the reputation for quality construction with a warranty to back it up.

Any advice on how I might go about addressing this issue with Bennington? I know our dealership in Atlanta will be of no help. I first experienced the sliding issue during my check-out ride with the sales manager on board. He suggested I get a strip of Velcro tape. There was little concern when I sat on the seat and it tipped forward. At this point It did not set well with me that I should be going out to buy some tape. Never thought for a minute that I might consider using sand bags. Ha!

Are’s does fit nicely, not real snug. When starting off fast or rough water it will keeper up.

I also have an R series ,with no issues

I have R series.
Thanks, apparently this issue is associated only with the S series.
I also have an R series ,with no issues
Thanks, I am thinking I will give my R series seat back to Bennington in exchange for an S series seat that should have came with the boat

Thanks, glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. At the same time its sad that you and others have experienced the same. It is down right embarrassing to take friends out on my new boat and put up with this. It slides all over the place no difference if the seat is located at the helm or side gate. Making matters worse is the tipping issue.

I believe some of the issue pertains to the width of the bow/side gate opening. As I looked at different floor plans it was apparent that there were differences between the plans. I was fortunate that me seat fits well at both the front and side gates. I’ve seen several ideas posted to secure this seat. One was a bungee cord attached to two hoops fastened to the vertical rails either side of the gate. I have purchased but not yet installed two cabin door hooks. I will post once I complete this project.

DF10A142-3E91-43FB-BD7C-8EA52355CE0E.jpeg
My bow gate fits great in the port opening on my R series no issues at all. Good look with my dog taking nap.

Finished the Bow Gate Seat project today. We normally keep ours in the Left Side Gate opening. But I have had it slide out while trailering, even though that is where I keep both anchors. So here’s some Pics of what I did.

00176D2D-A92B-4566-B233-7B548F85E538.jpeg
I liked this product because of the rubber on the latch. I thought it would rattle less.

4535EA63-BE5C-44F9-B3DC-C80DBB387CCC.jpeg
I riveted this easily on both sides of the door frame

328EF695-A478-4C34-8945-D362F38EB030.jpeg
I installed a backer board inside the chair base for strength.

91E0E00A-1DA8-4AB3-BA76-B59CAE5836B0.jpeg
Done!

Attachments

• 3D5CB54B-093F-426E-AE29-0204B683181B.jpeg
    3D5CB54B-093F-426E-AE29-0204B683181B.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 12
Nice work, Danny! Thanks for posting the pictures as well. Problem solved...

Finished the Bow Gate Seat project today. We normally keep ours in the Left Side Gate opening. But I have had it slide out while trailering, even though that is where I keep both anchors. So here’s some Pics of what I did.

View attachment 24640
I liked this product because of the rubber on the latch. I thought it would rattle less.

View attachment 24641
I riveted this easily on both sides of the door frame

View attachment 24642
I installed a backer board inside the chair base for strength.

View attachment 24644
Done!

Thanks Danny, great work. Now to see if I have the courage to start drilling.

Back