Bow seat observations

Mike31406

Reaction score
E76BF5D6-BCB8-4EDA-98EA-EF2D4E02C8DB.jpeg For those considering purchasing the bow seat, I offer the following observations:
- it sounded and looked like a good idea so we included it on our purchase
- can’t leave it in the bow position as that is where we board
- can’t leave in stern position while doing water sports
- Fits nicely on the port side in front of co-captain chair in front of gate, but as it is not secured to floor it can and does slide, or tip over, while making hard turns.
- my two batteries are stowed in the aft starboard compartment, thus in order to raise cushion to operate battery switch I must first move the seat if it is in the stern position. But to move it you must first move the table. I think you get my drift.
- it does come in handy while in the stern position with a boatload of family or eating/playing cards around table.

Noodle around the site. Last year, I posted extensive photos and instructions as to how I secure mine while it is in front of the port side gate.

We purchased the bow seat as well. It has a nice place on the shelf in our boat barn. I am seriously considering putting it next to my work bench and using it as a beer/rest seat. Still haven’t needed it for extra room on the Bennington. Not my favorite add on!!!

Same for us. Sounded great at the time, but there is already so much seating on the boat normally, we’ve never needed it for someone. Meanwhile, it slides and moves if you do any serious boating at speed, water sports, etc... Finally put it in our cottage garage by the door, and we basically have a pretty garage seat holding down the cement floor... Maybe sometime we will need it, but I fear it will probably sit in the garage from this point onward...

9D84E589-4C17-4347-A427-F22BC92778BA.jpeg My bow seat came about 3 months after we got the boat and I did not think we would use it much. I was wrong it fits perfectly with 23RCW by the port side door right at the end of the queens lounger as I call it. It does not move and just makes the lounger longer. I can see why many don’t use it. We would not use it if it was used at the bow. In the pic the dog is laying comfortably on the bow seat

View attachment 20996 My bow seat came about 3 months after we got the boat and I did not think we would use it much. I was wrong it fits perfectly with 23RCW by the port side door right at the end of the queens lounger as I call it. It does not move and just makes the lounger longer. I can see why many don’t use it. We would not use it if it was used at the bow. In the pic the dog is laying comfortably on the bow seat

Queens Lounger! Best Seat for the passengers on the boat. I did the exact same thing on my GCW and put the bow seat on the same place, in front of the door. Turned a four seat lounger into a 5. I love that layout!

one season in and our "bow seat" is officially a port door seat! It is not tight in this spot and I'm going to look into the solution posted by goldnrod24. It's a favorite seat as it's near the captain for conversation. Problem: it tips forward if someone sits on the front edge. Are others experiencing this? Will the goldnrod24 solution cure this?

We initially placed our bow seat in front of the starboard door but that made it kind of an odd seat. This year we moved it in front of the bow door and there it remains, making some very nice U seating in the front. Yes, once or twice it got in the way or it tipped slightly, but overall we really like it. At least on our boat, it's a keeper.

For those that put the bow seat in front of the port side door, did you not have this bar to deal with? IMG_1301.jpg

I don't have that bar on my 2007 2575RL.

I concur with all of Mike's points, and that is a great post for any new buyers browsing through this site looking for tips on what to order. We trailer, so bow access is mandatory when on the trailer. For most public docks, port door access is mandatory for passenger boarding.

We took ours out almost immediately because of those reasons. The seat could fit in the port side door but there is a 4 or 5 inch gap, as the port side door is bigger than the bow door.

We do plan to put it back in briefly in the bow in a couple of weeks when we are taking a dozen neighbors out. Other than that it will stay in the attic.

Never seen that BillW, what model Bennington

22GCW. It has the queen's helm lounge as opposed to dual captains chairs, but other than that, standard stuff. Seems pretty permanent to be something that's just put there for shipping. (wild guess)

We do keep our Bow Gate seat at the port side gate( RCW ) no support brace on ours

Ours is at the port gate as well. The wife likes to put the snacks, her handbag, etc. in it, so it's right there at her fingertips when she's sitting in the co-captain's chair.

Port side also.

Thanks for the replies. I will verify with the dealer that this bar is a something this model has for some reason and shouldn't be removed. Just in case it is a load-bearing bar and there is some intricate engineering that causes the engine to fall off if I unscrew one of the bolts. :)

I did have one ( support ) on my 2013 SLX .I am going to say support for the fence

Back