Bowrider or Regular Tritoon?

Boat length, big engine size, super speed, and other coolness factors aren't important to me... especially at the expense of the enjoyment of my entire group.

Trust me, typically the boat length, speed, engine and other “coolness factors” are not at the expense of enjoying the experience with a group, rather they are almost always an enhancement to it (motor size for sustaining speed only with water sports when large groups are on board, but yeah, then too). ;)

Trust me, typically the boat length, speed, engine and other “coolness factors” are not at the expense of enjoying the experience with a group, rather they are almost always an enhancement to it (motor size for sustaining speed only with water sports when large groups are on board, but yeah, then too). ;)
That's why Bennington makes so many models of different length, horsepower, and features! Everyone is different. Happy Boating!

The R looks to be 700 lbs more than an S, so I think expectations for top speed should be lowered even with a 300. The R is not built for speed apparently, so if speed is the goal another less portly model is more appropriate. It’s like expecting a Ford Expedition to go the same speed as a Mustang GT even with a larger motor. HP can offset weight (and that interesting V-center toon) but only so much.

That being said, the R looks much more aesthetically pleasing and probably has higher quality materials than an S. The new L bowrider might be a good compromise? While the v-hull looks to be the only option, at least it’s a few hundred lbs lighter and probably cheaper with the same overall design concept?

Funny thing is on the Expedition forum, one fella has his Expy doing a 4.72 0-60!! Pretty darn fast for a vehicle that size!

That being said, to me that f300 should definitely be turning a 17, that's what I had on my 250, my 200 had a 15. JMO

Funny thing is on the Expedition forum, one fella has his Expy doing a 4.72 0-60!! Pretty darn fast for a vehicle that size!

That being said, to me that f300 should definitely be turning a 17, that's what I had on my 250, my 200 had a 15. JMO
We need to give credit where credit is due, I think the old GMC Typhoon was the first hot rod production SUV out there. It’s common place now but back then that was a pretty game changing moment. One of my dream cars growing up. Sadly I ended up with my folks Ford Taurus (L, not even the LX).

A 4 second Expedition would be downright scary, that’s a lot of mass launching down the road!

We need to give credit where credit is due, I think the old GMC Typhoon was the first hot rod production SUV out there. It’s common place now but back then that was a pretty game changing moment. One of my dream cars growing up. Sadly I ended up with my folks Ford Taurus (L, not even the LX).

A 4 second Expedition would be downright scary, that’s a lot of mass launching down the road!

Remember the Ford Lightning too? One of the first performance pickups. Then the Chevy 454SS, and the GMC Syclone. I thought those were the good old days of performance , then the car companies said “here, hold my beer”.
Vipers, SRT-10’s, Hellcats, Demons, Shelbys, it’s insane!!

Barring big performance numbers, the new Jeep Gladiator makes a nice tow rig. Now if they’d put the Hemi in that like they are doing for the JL .... wow!!

Yes, the Lightning was another drool worthy design. I remember pulling up along side of a gen 2 and hearing that factory rumble and SC whine, it was an audible “don’t mess with me”!

I’ll take a Rebel TRX for a tow vehicle. Those Rams are actually very comfortable for long trips and towing is a breeze - almost like nothing is back there.

Back