Bridge Clearance?

veedubtek

Reaction score
First and foremost, howdy! Stumbled upon this site today doing some prop research for my new-to-me 2575RFS. Some handy info buried deep in this site it seems, so many thanks already.

My question today, I'm having great difficulty finding some numbers for bridge clearances. I've got multiple low bridges to clear on my lake, and like to know ahead of time if I need to put the Bimini down, or get fuel elsewhere, or simply not go out that day! I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but I'd rather not risk learning the hard way if these specs are in print somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. I don't believe there is anything in print but the bimini is very easy to drop and put back up. We're down on Lake Norman. Where do you boat?

Looks like he might be on High Rock lake near Salisbury........

VEE, I need abought 5.3 feet of clearance to get under the #8 bridge and the oboma railroad bridge at flat swamp, all of the other bridges you should be good.(that is of course with the Bimini down.).You can check bridge clearance and lake levels at HRLA.COM

Yup, High Rock. Actually drug this thing out of Norman this past Saturday morning. Quite windy, wasn't much fun!

Thanks Hutch - if you need 5.3, looks like I'm not clearing #8 often. Sitting at 6.53' clearance today, and we're 4' down. I didn't figure Holloway church would be an issue, but I like to run to Tamarac once in awhile (my house is up on Abbotts Creek). If Cube Hydro keeps it down 4' like they say, I guess it'll be ok, but it seems like that didn't happen much since August this year (that's when we moved to the lake).

Appreciate the replies!

We are on Abbott’s creek also,we don’t get under #8 till the water is down around 3 feet.The lake level stayed higher this year than some other years.

Ahh, gotcha, and howdy neighbor.

VEE, I need abought 5.3 feet of clearance to get under the #8 bridge and the oboma railroad bridge at flat swamp, all of the other bridges you should be good.(that is of course with the Bimini down.).You can check bridge clearance and lake levels at HRLA.COM
Looks like a pretty good site to check the lake levels. Thanks

I've actually been watching it, and it's not very accurate. savehighrocklake.org/HRinfo1.asp is much better IMO.

Of course, doesn't matter much right now. Hope my homeowners is gonna cover my new pier, thanks Cube Hydro.

Of course, doesn't matter much right now. Hope my homeowners is gonna cover my new pier, thanks Cube Hydro.
What happened to your dock? And where is it? How long have you been working on VW's? I was Porsche, Audi and Mercedes, with a sprinkling of VW's. :cool:

(0\ ! /0)

Back