Broken weld

RReaume

Reaction score
Took the pontoon out one last time today. The water was pretty rough, noticed during the ride my pontoon was listing to one side. Just figured it was due to the roughness and my buddy on that side of the boat. When i pulled it i noticed water coming out of the nose cone by the wave guard. Took a closer look and the bottom weld held but the nose cone broke under the weld. Would this be covered under warrant

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/uploads/gallery/album_899/gallery_5260_899_1904207.jpg

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/uploads/gallery/album_899/gallery_5260_899_283562.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't hit anything, so yes.

Hey Roy.....

About 8 inches of the weld of the inside wave guard on my port side pontoon is disconnected or broken. It wil be repaired when The winterization is performed. There is no hole and is not leaking. It's been like that since the beginning of the season and it hasn't affected performance.......must have run over something.......can't imagine just rough water causing the break in the weld.

Weird. I see you have the rough water package too.

I see no evidence of an object strike, unless I am missing something. Looks like failure from heavier than engineered for force.

To me it looks like the Wave guard is slightly bent up. Is it possable that you hit something like a floating piece of wood that shot up and dented the wave gaurd and broke the weld?

The wave guards are pretty strong and I have seen them take some heavy damage. That wave gaurd dosent look like it's taken a heavy hit certainly not enough to break the weld loose. A good welder should be able to fix that right up. Just make sure he opens up the Air vent at the top of the nose cone when welding it up. It will make welding on the toon much easyer

To me, that doesn't look like a broken weld as much as a torn metal.  :wacko:

He had to have hit something..........

Something could have hit him. Like in a parking lot.

Based on the scum on the toons this boat lives at the dock, not trailered each time. It does look like torn metal. For that kind of force you would think there would be a dent, scuff, something to substantiate an impact. Weird.

Going to winterize it tomorrow and bring it back to the dealer and see what they say. As far as i know i did not hit anything except some big waves.

Love this company. NO questions asked both outer pontoons are being replaced under warranty.

And again, Bennington proves why they are the market LEADER. Great to hear!!

Back