Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

BUILD DATE

Discussion in 'Midwest U.S.' started by ScottLTD, Mar 14, 2019.

1. ScottLTD

ScottLTD New Member

Greeting Everyone,

New to the forum

We ordered our first Bennington on 1/31/19. We contacted the dealer in late Feburary to follow up. We were told the build date was the week of 3/4. Today we hear the boat will go into production next week.... A little disappointing to say the least. Is there a way for buyers to check build progress directly with Bennington?

The cardinals have arrived in Ohio. Everyone have a safe boating season.

Michiman and lakeliving like this.
  2. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

Last week or two we've had cardinals here in FL chirping. Reminded me of home back in MI

Luckily you have some time before boating season so the time slip shouldn't be too bad

ScottLTD likes this.
  3. Jack M

Jack M Moderator

Your dealer is the contact for the progress of your build . This is the factory's busy season and they may have had to wait for your dealer to be shipped a full load

ScottLTD likes this.
  4. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

It’s pretty common to hear this during the spring. We placed a late Dec. 2016 order on a 2017 build a few years ago. If I remember correctly, our build date may have bumped back a couple weeks at that time. Sometimes it is the order taking a little longer to build, or some supply chain issues that arises, or coordinating builds with shipments.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Lots of time before summer sits in for us mid-westerners.

lakeliving and ScottLTD like this.
  5. 1trotter

1trotter Well-Known Member

Trust me. Bennington is worth the wait.

lakeliving, ScottLTD and Vikingstaff like this.
  6. Alicedream

Alicedream Well-Known Member

You should feel very good about your build date. That is pretty fast for Spring. The last couple of years you could wait 3 months or longer at times.

7. JandKE

JandKE Active Member

Congratulations on the new Bennington! I'm surprised I'm the first to ask: What are the specific of your order? And be sure to post pictures when you pick it up!

ScottLTD and Vikingstaff like this.
  8. ScottLTD

ScottLTD New Member

Nothing special, just a stock 18'. Maybe I should have settled for the red one at the boat show.... We sure love that Regatta Blue though.

9. Stevez

Stevez Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I actually ordered my boat on 2/1/19 and still don't have a build date. My dealer says they haven't heard yet! We bought it at the Louisville Boat show and all they said at the time was sometime around May, which is fine with us. Thanks and again, congrats!

Link and Vikingstaff like this.