Built In Cooler

Dr IDOL

Reaction score
Appears there is an option for a built in cooler. Anyone know about it? For example does it drain? The price is certainly right.

I have the corner cooler under starboard bow seat. It is OK. A bag of ice is lost in 4 hours and yes, it has a drain. Keeps from having a cooler on the deck and one less object to hassle with. Good for day trips only.

I haven't seen a price for this anywhere.   Can you share what the cost is?  Thanks

On my RCW it was standard equipment .Yes there is a drain . I have never used it 

I actually have two.  One in the starboard bow, and another smaller one in the rear seat (club seating model).  I agree that it will work for either that extra bag of ice, or to put some waters/drinks on and save one smallish cooler. 

If I was ordering it custom, I might want the extra storage space the rear cooler takes up (I suppose I could remove it, but I haven't...it's just held in there by some screws).

But I do like the bow one.  And yes, they both have a drain in them with a plug, so it can hold the melting ice water to keep things cooler longer if needed.

We have the built in cooler in the starboard bow corner seat......has never been used as a cooler though.  Works great as an anchor locker since it does have a drain in the bottom.  Also works good for us as a trash can for all the empty pop cans till we get back into our dock.....beats having them blow out of the boat while underway.

We have it as well, thought we would use it for wet towels and clothing so it could drain.

Back