Bumper Hangers

We use the Taylor Made on our blackout package. I can vouch that there is not danger of scratching them up. We’ve had absolutely no issues with them. That said, I know A LOT of people on here also like the EZ Fenders. We were tempted to get them, but the Taylor Made are so cheap and easy to pop on and off we went that route. That said, I lean in the direction of Randy above - prefer permanent mounted items, so the black EZ fenders are still not ruled out for us down the road. I think you are good either way.

Hey team!

I'm the proud owner of a new 22SRX/150 Yamaha SHO. So far I'm really happy (outside of the lack of a "glove box", and some fit & finish issues).

I'm new to boating...

I'm looking for a really trick way to hang bumpers on the side of my pretty new boat. While the square aluminum fence frame tubes look like a natural option, there really isn't room between the frame tubes and the side panels for a rope (and I'd be worried about damaging the paint).

What do you pro's do? Any good ideas or products out there?

Thanks!
I have 6 Quick Cleats on my Bennington, these work really well and look good. http://www.quick-cleat.com/heavy-duty-fender-clip-2-pk/

Hey team!

I'm the proud owner of a new 22SRX/150 Yamaha SHO. So far I'm really happy (outside of the lack of a "glove box", and some fit & finish issues).

I'm new to boating...

I'm looking for a really trick way to hang bumpers on the side of my pretty new boat. While the square aluminum fence frame tubes look like a natural option, there really isn't room between the frame tubes and the side panels for a rope (and I'd be worried about damaging the paint).

What do you pro's do? Any good ideas or products out there?

Thanks!
We went with Quick Cleat, they have 2 types for hanging buoys on your rails. A bit more expensive but heavy duty easy up, down and off.
http://www.quick-cleat.com/heavy-duty-fender-clip-2-pk/

Attachments

• 75039427-182C-48CA-81F9-FC8821E53399.jpeg
    75039427-182C-48CA-81F9-FC8821E53399.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 36
I prefer the Taylor made clips. They allow me to hang the fenders anywhere, which is very handy when tying up with other boats. You never know exactly where you are going to need a fender due to all the different heights and shapes. I have a knot tied above the clip, and I can easily adjust the height of the fender if need be. Anyone on the boat can just grab the fender, and then clip it on. Even the kids. They hold tightly, and won't scratch the rails, too.

We use the ezfenders. Since we have the black out package I wanted them to match the boat so we went with the black. Like Randy Said they blend in well and are easy to use. Takes seconds to install all 3

I'm a newbie here. I've only owned my 2018 22 SSRX for 2-3 weeks. I looked at the EzFender, but being that my boat is so new and me so new to my boat, I didn't want to permanently screw something into the rails that I might change my mind about or put in the wrong place. So I purchased 2 packs (4ea $14) of the Taylor Made Fender Hangers. These things slide snuggly over my rails and show no indication of coming off. So I put 4 on each side directly across from each other and just leave them in place all the time. After measuring and rigging up the fender ropes I put a small carabiner (size that comes free with a Pelican case) and connected to the ends of the fender ropes. Now depending on which side I dock, I can quickly connect/disconnect these fenders. The carabiners don't even touch the boat and hold the fenders perfectly in place. If the Taylor Made clips ever do come off, they are cheap and easy to replace. I'm sure there are better ways, but thought I'd share my newbie perspective. :D

One question/comment I do have is what size fenders do most of you use? I initially got only 2 - G4 size (6.5"x22") fenders with my boat. I saw on one thread where someone was using G5s so I found some on Amazon.com and got those. THEY ARE FREAKIN' HUGE!!! They take up so much room in the boat but they cover the rails and part of the toons so I never have to worry about adjusting them. What size do you guys use? (I don't want to have a nice boat and look like a goober on the lake...lol)

I use 8.5 X 27
They get pulled in when underway
61N6GSkRAEL._SL1500_.jpg

I use G-4's20171019_131624.jpg

I use the Taylormade clips with ez-tye rope clamps and rope ends, very clean installation. I will add a pic after this weekend.

I used the Taylor Made clips on my previous boat and really liked them. Went with the EZ Fenders on our new Q with the blackout package because the Taylor Made product did not come in black. There are pros and cons to both products but we are just as happy with the EZ Fenders. I cannot say if there are wires running in the top rail but will say I drilled holes to install six EX Fenders and I did not encounter any issues.

I used the Taylor Made clips on my previous boat and really liked them. Went with the EZ Fenders on our new Q with the blackout package because the Taylor Made product did not come in black. There are pros and cons to both products but we are just as happy with the EZ Fenders. I cannot say if there are wires running in the top rail but will say I drilled holes to install six EX Fenders and I did not encounter any issues.
I
We use the Taylor Made on our blackout package. I can vouch that there is not danger of scratching them up. We’ve had absolutely no issues with them. That said, I know A LOT of people on here also like the EZ Fenders. We were tempted to get them, but the Taylor Made are so cheap and easy to pop on and off we went that route. That said, I lean in the direction of Randy above - prefer permanent mounted items, so the black EZ fenders are still not ruled out for us down the road. I think you are good either way.
I appreciate the feed back

I do appreciate the feedback. I was in touch with Bennington and there can be some wires in the top rail leading to the console. Guess we just have to drill slow and easy. EZfenders look like the only option for a QX. The rail on the QX is 1 1/2 inches vs standard 1 1/4 quarter on aluminum. Thanks

Wires run from console to Bimini mounting point for anchor light and Bimini lights if you have them.

Attachments

• Bumper Holder.png
    Bumper Holder.png
    435.3 KB · Views: 26
Back