Bumper Hangers

DaveT

Reaction score
Hey team!

I'm the proud owner of a new 22SRX/150 Yamaha SHO. So far I'm really happy (outside of the lack of a "glove box", and some fit & finish issues).

I'm new to boating...

I'm looking for a really trick way to hang bumpers on the side of my pretty new boat. While the square aluminum fence frame tubes look like a natural option, there really isn't room between the frame tubes and the side panels for a rope (and I'd be worried about damaging the paint).

What do you pro's do? Any good ideas or products out there?

Thanks!

Thank you Randy! I'll take a look!

Dave

And finally, thanks very much to Tin Diesel! I looked all over for the search function prior to my original post. I'm sure it was right in front of my eyes... Thanks much for the link!

Dave

Taylor made plastic clips as well here.

EZ fenders work great, very easy to adjust the height of fenders.

Don't you have to leave the fender line in them all the time though? Pull the fenders up when underway? For me my boat stays on a lift so I don't need the fenders hanging out 24/7. They only come out when taking the boat in and out at the ramp, so that's why we didn't go with a permanent mounting solution. If I needed fenders everyday I could see where a permanent solution would be ideal.

Same with us Andy. We use 1" polypropylene webbing/straps that adjusts through plastic buckle connectors. They are great for putting anywhere we want, adjusting the height, taking on and off quickly, etc. They work for us since they're only used when we are temporarily tied up somewhere. They would probably deteriorate if they were always exposed to the elements. I don't have a pic of ours but here's a link which shows the concept.

http://www.strapworks.com/ProductDe...MI4-v-rdGC2gIVRCaGCh33QwMSEAYYBCABEgJ5oPD_BwE

No you dont have to leave them on all the time .Loosen the thumb screw pull the line and put them away. Very easy . If the end of your line is or gets frayed , you can tape it or burn it .I tried 2 other types before I settled on these ,when I get another boat I will get them for the new one too .

Don't you have to leave the fender line in them all the time though? Pull the fenders up when underway? For me my boat stays on a lift so I don't need the fenders hanging out 24/7. They only come out when taking the boat in and out at the ramp, so that's why we didn't go with a permanent mounting solution. If I needed fenders everyday I could see where a permanent solution would be ideal.

I never leave my fenders out when underway. The only time I utilize the EZ Fenders is when docking. I typically use 2 (sometimes 3) on one side only so to attach and detach only takes seconds. Probably not an issue with the silver rails but since mine are black I was concerned about attaching the clip on type and possibly scratching them. So far, I really like the EZ Fenders. They are pretty stealth (most people don't even know they're there) and I prefer having stuff permenantly mounted vs. temporary (just my bag baby, lol).

Mine is also on a lift, so bumpers are not needed. When we are through using the bumper we simply undo the figure 8 knot, pull the line through the EZ fender nd store the number under the seat.

Mine is also on a lift, so bumpers are not needed. When we are through using the bumper we simply undo the figure 8 knot, pull the line through the EZ fender and store the bumper under the seat.

Many use these also - including me. “Taylor Made”. Easy to move and they do fit in the space between seats and rails. https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Made-...9732&sr=8-1&keywords=taylormade+fender+hanger[/
Many use these also - including me. “Taylor Made”. Easy to move and they do fit in the space between seats and rails. https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Made-...9732&sr=8-1&keywords=taylormade+fender+hanger
We are hesitant to use these because our rails are black powder coated and are concerned about scratching the rails !!

Yep I've now got the black ones on my boat. I originally had the silver ones (as seen on my sig pic) but swapped them out once the black ones became available.

Back