Bumper tie-off

lakebum

Reaction score
I promised better pictures of my bumper tie-offs. They are in my gallery. I placed stainless steel 1/4" eye blots down both sides and wove "s.s. trigger snaps" onto my bumpers. I have six bumpers that I can place where needed in a matter of seconds and all are made the correct length to protect my boat from the others. Hope my idea will help someone. Thanks, Steve

That is VERY helpful. I've been wondering what's the quickest/simplest way to deal with fenders. Thanks for posting!

Hey Steve. Looks real nice. Do you have six on each side or just three. The reason I ask is I often raft up with severl differant bowriders and find I need to move my finders to differant locations based on the design of there boats.

Steve, I put four eye bolts on each side. I only made up six bumpers. If you really want to protect yours I would put four bumpers per side. It would be hard to smack you that way. It makes a good winter project unless you just want to tie knots. The eye weaving takes me about an hour per bumper. Thanks, Steve

I did something similar on my boat, but I used little U shaped brackets and mounted them to the bottom side of the bolts that hold the bimini mounts, and then through bolted them on the back corners. I thought for sure I had some photos of them, but can't find them. I'll dig a little harder and post them up later.

I promised better pictures of my bumper tie-offs. They are in my gallery. I placed stainless steel 1/4" eye blots down both sides and wove "s.s. trigger snaps" onto my bumpers. I have six bumpers that I can place where needed in a matter of seconds and all are made the correct length to protect my boat from the others. Hope my idea will help someone. Thanks, Steve
that is awesome

Ron

Boomer’s comment about being able to move them around, brought a spinoff idea to mind...

This is just a slight modification of Steve's setup, but if you tied a knot in the rope about half way between the fender and the swivel hook, and in that knot you tied in a metal ring or chain link, and then made the rope a little bit longer so you could loop the rope over the railing (you’d hook the swivel hook to the metal ring), then you could position the fenders anywhere you wanted. And they’d still be “quick release”.

You’d want to put the ring in the right spot so none of the metal parts scratch the fence panels. You could use a carabineer instead of a swivel hook - A matter of personal preference, or whatever you have lying around.

Thanks for posting these photos. Now I can throw away those cheesy plastic straps that I’m worried will break and lose a fender or ding up the boat. Metal is MORE GOODER!

Back