Buying my first Bennington - today!

BrianAnderson

Reaction score
So - going to finally take the plunge and buy my first Bennington (or any boat). I’ve been a boat club member for a few years, and have long dreamed up this moment.

I’m in Georgia - decent weather but not 70s year round. I have 2 younger daughters and 2 college students.

I’m looking at the Q - 23 or 25’ swing back. Any recommendations you wish you knew the day you went in to buy?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Ha - 3 years of saving here. I may drop down depending on where price comes in. I’ve had a tough time figuring out the “real” price of anything.

I keep trying to justify going into debt to get the fiberglass, but prob a dumb move.

Doesn’t hurt to take as close of a look at the R-series as you are going to on those Q’s. Both lines are top notch, and you can save some $. However, if you really like the Q fiberglass look, and have been saving for 3 years towards one, maybe now is the moment to fulfill that dream.

Whatever you get, let all of us know the details, and post pictures once you have it. Nothing better than admiring the new purchases on here. Good luck!

Go thru the availability of each option closely, its amazing how many time I hear, "I didn't know I could order that".
If you tell us what options you plan on, how you use the boat and type of water your on it would help you get ideas.

Are you getting a Q-Series for the look? For the fiberglass? For the status? These are honest questions. Not sure your financial situation, but non-Q Bennys are so awesome and with potential cost savings. The L-Series and R-Series are super nice, and you can enjoy the options and may still be below a Q. Hell, a maxed out S-Series is amazing. But, if a Q-Series is where you heart (and wallet) are at, my recommendation is to select the options that are functional for your family. Cool is nice to show off, but function is how you will live. Good luck.

Last edited:
Last January ,I went in with the intentions of buying another RCW . The dealer and I sat down and built an 23 RCW and a 23 QCW with the same options .Some of the options I wanted on the R are standard on the Q ,The price on the Q ended being lower than the R . It also included some options that I had not considered .
All Q's are not fiberglass .100635341_10214098225770217_2650457999495135232_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back