CAMO deck fastening system suggestions?

Thanks everyone, I must say, I now realize why on TV they always make angles at 45 or 22.5!! I frigging had 13 degrees, 27 degrees, 32.5!! Made for some fun 'conversations' with my father in law!! Haha really couldn't have done it without him, I'll sit there and stare at something trying to think it all through and figure it out, he'll just start cutting!

From someone who's built a few, that deck looks great. The double border really sets it off.

From someone who's built a few, that deck looks great. The double border really sets it off.

Thanks, I also ordered a Kreg Rip cut and Accu cut, which made it super "easy" . We attached the outside picture frame, then ran the boards long and used the Ripcut guide to fit the inside picture frame board. Was a little disappointed in the Accu cut guide, had a bit of play to it, but I'm not doing a bookmatched dining table, so not a big concern. It still made a far straighter cut than my freehand!

I just bought a Kreg pocket hole jig for this project below. Overall it worked but the portable guide had some flex.

Derrick, you and I should start an international construction business! F052BD37-9CCE-4A06-A947-D998EE956D17.jpeg

Thanks everyone, I said screw it ( pun intended) and ordered them. If it turns out bad I can always face screw them later and all I'm out is time and money!! Haha I looked at the Tiger Claw system too, but it was pretty expensive and would be a pain to remove if it did start to fail.

Maybe it was a sign, but Amazon Canada dropped the price of the 2 3/8 screws to $122 for the 1750 pack! More than I'll need, but more importantly, I won't run out!
Hi. Looking to rebuild a deck and had similar question to you based on shrinkage of PT wood with Camo tool. Can you advise how your deck held up over time? Thanks!

Sure can, once this latest snowfall melts I'll take some pictures and add them to this. I pm'd you a bunch of tips / tricks / thoughts already

If you want hidden fasteners and a composite deck, I highly recommend Timbertech. Had ours for over 10 years and looks the same as the day it was installed.

My deck in Michigan was Azek. Love that stuff

We had to have our deck rebuilt at our cottage last year due to an accident. We went composite and are very pleased with it. As mentioned above, all fasteners hidden, and everything just looks great. Best of luck with redoing yours. Hope the job goes smoothly and everything turns out the way you want it.

Well the sun is out and snow is melting! Here's a few pics of the screw holes and a joint

20210402_113754.jpg
20210402_113837.jpg

Oh, and I actually did make a cover for the window well last year, it isn't screwed down for obvious fire escape reasons from the basement
20210402_113813.jpg

Back