Can you siphon fuel from new enviro-fuel tank

Oldchuck

Reaction score
Have a friend who asked if he can siphon fuel from his 2016 Bennington as he thinks he has bad fuel. I know in the "old days" you could just siphon it out but not sure if the new fuel systems have any anti theft parts or if their enviromental parts will not allow sucking fuel out of the tank...He does not want to damage any parts. Any thoughts?

Have a friend who asked if he can siphon fuel from his 2016 Bennington as he thinks he has bad fuel. I know in the "old days" you could just siphon it out but not sure if the new fuel systems have any anti theft parts or if their enviromental parts will not allow sucking fuel out of the tank...He does not want to damage any parts. Any thoughts?
disconnect the fiel line at the motor and the fuel will run out of the tank.

disconnect the fiel line at the motor and the fuel will run out of the tank.
It depends where the tank is located.

By taking the fuel line off the engine will take forever given the diameter of the fuel line.
I was just wondering if there is anything on the new enviro fill systems the would prohibit or be damaged by running a larger hose into the fuel tank and pumping the fuel out...Can't believe no owner has done this, tried this or has any information on this.

Back