Carl Wagner (CWAG911)

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen a respected senior member and moderator of our forum needs your support and prayers at this time. On Thursday Carl was having the same symptoms and pain that he had a few months ago when he needed double bypass surgery. He was rushed to the hospital and after a heart catherization it was found that he had a torn artery. Carl was taken to another hospital in Charlotte where the surgery could be performed. So this morning Carl went into a surgery that would be about 10 hrs. to replace his torn artery with a synthetic aortic valve. The doctors are giving him a 10-20% chance of survival. While in surgery the doctor found that this tear somehow affected the bypass surgery that was performed months ago. So both bypasses had to be redone. From what I understand surgery is over and they will start to wean him off of the machines that are helping to keep him alive. Request Prayers from everybody please. I'll keep you updated.......

Thanks for the update! Thoughts and Prayers!

Prayers...

So sorry to hear that. Prayers going his way.

So sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers from my family to his. I'll say an extra prayer for him tonight.

Thoughts and prayers!

Thoughts and prayers to him, his friends and family. I’d guess if anyone can pull through this, it would be him. Never met him, but imagine one tough old sob. Thanks the update kahuna and keep us posted.

Ladies and gentlemen a respected senior member and moderator of our forum needs your support and prayers at this time. On Thursday Carl was having the same symptoms and pain that he had a few months ago when he needed double bypass surgery. He was rushed to the hospital and after a heart catherization it was found that he had a torn artery. Carl was taken to another hospital in Charlotte where the surgery could be performed. So this morning Carl went into a surgery that would be about 10 hrs. to replace his torn artery with a synthetic aortic valve. The doctors are giving him a 10-20% chance of survival. While in surgery the doctor found that this tear somehow affected the bypass surgery that was performed months ago. So both bypasses had to be redone. From what I understand surgery is over and they will start to wean him off of the machines that are helping to keep him alive. Request Prayers from everybody please. I'll keep you updated.......

Our prayers are with Carl, family and friends.

Hang in there Carl!

I just got back from the hospital. No changes.

Oh gosh, sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers, of course.

Prayers and best wishes. Hang in there pal

Just saw this, praying for you too Carl!

In our thoughts and prayers buddy.

I’ll remember Carl and his family in my prayers. My dad has been on the ventilator, on and off, for seven months. I know what his family is looking at. Be strong, brother Carl. We are thinking about you.

Quick update.......Carl was taken off the machines briefly overnight but he's back on now and heavily sedated. He was able to follow simple commands. A special team was assembled at another hospital in Charlotte to monitor him but he's not ready to be moved yet. Chance of survival is still 10-20%.

Back