Carl Wagner (CWAG911)

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you this update.........Carl Wagner passed away this morning. From what I understand Carl's #"s started to deteriorate overnight. But he waited for his wife Suzi to come to the hospital. He passed with her at his side............Thanks to all of you for the prayers and uplifting messages for Carl and his family. He fought the good fight until the end. It's a sad sad day.
RIP CARL.

Such sad news. RIP Carl, and God bless Suzy and the rest of their family.

Recently I was asking a lot of questions for help retrofitting my boat lift from a V hull to the tritoon we have ordered. I posted pictures of all kinds of potential brackets etc. Carl finally said "Stop overthinking it", and showed a picture of his lift. The more I looked at my lift I kept coming back to "Stop overthinking it".
I had the local dock builder come out and sure enough, they're setting it up just as Carl suggested.
Once they were done, I was going to post a picture and thank him. Don't have that chance now.
From years of being on RV forums I know Carl was one of the good guys, plus, he always liked stuff I posted lol.
I'll surely miss him.

I never met Carl in person, but it was easy to see he was just one of those persons who was a giver, not a taker, service before self. I pray God wraps His loving arms around Suzi and the entire family and bring them comfort. Rest in peace Carl.

I will reiterate everything said before me about what a great man Carl was not only to this forum, but his country and his family. Whenever someone asked a question on here and I knew I didn't have the first hand knowledge to reply, I knew that you other smart and caring folks like Carl would help them out. My thanks to Suzi for sharing such a great man with all of us. Well, someday we will finally meet and take that boat ride together, I'll just have to wait for my ice to thaw! (We always liked a good cold Canadian joke!)

So sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed reading his well informed posts and regret I never got to meet him. Peace to his family and friends.

I am sure I speak for the entire Bennington Family when I say although your ship has sailed into the sunset a part of you will remain with us and I will think of you often as I cruise on the water. Goodbye my friend.

upload_2019-4-17_8-16-20.png

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...
My sincerest, heartfelt condolences and prayers for comfort to Carl's family and loved ones.

My heart hurts. I, too, never met Carl, but it feels as if I’ve known him for many years. Thank you Carl, for your service to our country, and for being a wonderful cyber friend. My prayers go out for the family and close friends he left behind. May they never be sad from his passing, but ever grateful for the time and memories they are able to cherish while he was among them. God bless!

Last edited:
R.I.P. Carl, may god comfort his family in this time of loss. Sad to hear this.

My condolences to Carl’s family and friends, I’m at a loss for words (if you know me that’s a rare occasion!) the world lost a great man. Never meeting him or speaking directly to him, his demeanor, his presence on this site has always earned my respect along with many others here. May you Rest In Peace and God Bless!

Back