Carolina Members... I need your help!

spinzone

Reaction score
In addition to having a son almost a week ago, I found out at 5:00pm today that I got a VP job with my company in Charlotte. Currently trying to convince the wife to live in the country or on a lake. Any suggestions on suburbs of Charlotte in NC or SC I should be looking which will be Bennington friendly and have good schools? My house gets purchased in 90 days so I dont have a whole lot of time to play. All help and advice is appreciated!

I don't have any personal experience living in the Charlotte area, but know a few friends who say Lake Norman is a nice place to live!

Lake Norman is a great place to live! If your willing to spend the money buy lake front and forget it.

If you would like to save some housing money but have a very reasonable commute then think about something closer to Rock Hill SC (or Fort Mill).

Well below Rock Hill off I-77 is Lake Wateree. Fairly shallow lake but nice, home prices are much less than anything else in the area for water front. Lake Wateree may be a long drive to downtown Charlotte.

BTW: We travel to Charlotte about once a month for dinner, sports, shopping, etc. Columbia SC is about an hour and a half, I-77 all the way. We really do like the Charlotte area, lot of money in that town, it is after all a banking town.

Best of luck,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a second home on Lake Gaston in NC. I went to the Bennington dealer on Lake Norman before we bought our Bennington. The have a great Bennington dealer there and the lake is beautiful.

The best part about this new position is that I will be working remotely from home most days. I need to be with 45 minutes of Charlotte for travel purposes though. The idea of waking up in the morning to view the sun rise over a lake, hot cup of java in hand.... my dream job doesn't get any better!

Hey Spinzone, do you need an assistant? :) sounds like a good gig! Congrats! You may need to upgrade that horsepower though so you can get back to the boathouse and into Charlotte within that 45 minutes!

Spinzone, Glad to hear of the upgrade at work which will help translate to the SPP/ETP upgrade and/or better toys for Mathew. Even thoiuigh I have never met you in person from the writtings of your posts I have no doubt that the VP position was well deserved. Again congrats to you and your family, keep us updated

Spinzone - Badin and High Rock would put you right at the edge of that 45 minute drive. Both are on the Yadkin River chain.

Back