Carpet color

Crowbar

Reaction score
We just ordered are first boat &are second guessing our carpet color choice to go with the sandstone seats with graphite accents. Choices were moca or platnum! Dealer said the moca would show less dirt, but i think the platnum belongs with the sandstone???? Any suggestions ???? Thanks

I would upgrade to the seagrass and avoid the carpet, but that's just me.

Cheers, Steve

x2 I'd give anything to get rid of my carpet and have full seagrass. Well, anything but removing everything on my boat to do it after the fact... Seagrass is the way to go.

Seagrass ...... Or darkest carpet you can get!!

I have lighter carpet and hate it. It shows every speck of dirt, and is a pain to keep clean. My next boat won't have it. It will be either vinyl or Seagrass.

We have Seagrass with Sandstone seats and love it!

Im maxed out already on this build, so I guess for now its Moca & a good vacume. Its a little darker than the platnum. I also heard that the seagrass gets hot! Seagrass is another $1300.$$$ and to make matters worse, we have a dog with us.

Thanks for all your replies! My build date is January 6. And we boat on the ct. River in northampton Ma. Looking forward to our first pontoon! And meeting oter Bennington owners on the river.

I have sand palm ,I treated with 303 fabric guard the day of delivery.

I also have a cordless wet / dry Dewalt .

No issues ,clean as the day it was delivered .

I will retreat the carpet next spring /

http://www.amazon.com/303-30607-Fabric-Guard-128/dp/B00KMYYQ5O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417966944&sr=8-3&keywords=303+fabric+guard

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC515K-2-Gallon-18-Volt-Cordless/dp/B000BAURXY/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1417966985&sr=1-3&keywords=dewalt+cordless+wet+dry+vacuum

Seagrass wasn't an option for us at the time, but vinyl was.  Glad we got the carpet over the vinyl.  I would say the vinyl we have on the front and aft decks shows dirt a lot worse than the carpet does.  Carpet is not nearly as hot on bare feet.  And feels more like home.  Plus, the wife insisted on carpet, so there you go.

Still might change to platnum, not good with color pics, might have to ask some ladys, they seem to know what matches better!

I'm not 100% sure you would need to do the 303.  The carpet is not like house carpet.  You should do some searching on here.  I don't think Bennington recommends using that on the carpet (but it may not hurt).  Someone described what the carpet is actually made of and how to clean it on the forum somewhere.  Maybe I'm confusing that with the bimini fabric though...

In any event, do NOT use the 303 aerospace protectant on the carpet.  Only use the fabric protectant (they are different products).  The vinyl aerospace protectant will make the carpet slippery as snot.  I've noticed it from overspray getting on the carpet from spraying the seats.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the details of your order ?

22slx lifting strakes, 115 yammi, g series helm chair, smokey granite sides w/champagne biminy and mooring, sandstone seats, (moca-soon to be platnum carpet) if its not too late! Might slip in the sharkhide also! Pretty basic boat! But we are gonna love it! Spring cant get here fast enough!

Congratulations, our 1st Bennington was a 22 SLX.

Sounds like a nice boat. We went with the mocha Palm on both of our boats. Really hides the dirt and cleans up nice.

We are usually bare foot on the boat, live @ the lake. We bought new last year after 100 hours on boat carpet is as clean as the day it was delivered.

Whenever we are not on the boat, we cover the boat.

New dealer does offer steam cleaning of carpet after winterization if needed.

Love the carpet, never too hot on the feet.

107175344.jpg

I have the Sandstone seats and platinum carpet, yes I think they go best together. Dirt isn't a problem, shoes are not allowed on the boat and I never beach so sand isn't an issue either.

Back