Catch of the day

lakeliving

Reaction score
With all the new members on here I'm sure there are some fishermen/women out there so let's see your fish pics. This isn't a contest so feel free to post up! 

Here is my first catch of 2017 off the dock

002B1EF6-6A53-4CED-8A5D-A819F9787ECD_zpscijaab42.jpg

DINNER!!  :)

They are out of season and I'm a catch and release guy on our lake. Plus, I don't know too many that eat bass. Here is a pike from our lake. This was about 5 years ago.

4F829C6A-BB89-4049-A55B-95C3115A983B_zpsbiovcrfu.jpg

Very nice!

That'll pump the arms a little bit! :)  

I sure don't know what we are doing wrong. We fish and fish and fish and never catch big fish. Well maybe 1 in 500, but they are still small compared to some of the bass pics I see.....  :angry:

I sure don't know what we are doing wrong. We fish and fish and fish and never catch big fish. Well maybe 1 in 500, but they are still small compared to some of the bass pics I see.....  :angry:

What are you using for bait? If you'd like to fly me out I'll be your fishing consultant for the weekend!!!

My biggest large mouth bass was caught from our dock. It was 23" long and had a mouth the size of a great white. I have no idea where that photo went but hopefully it will turn up one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught a 10 lb. 11 oz large mouth. State record is 10 lb 12 oz, so I threw him back. I was pissed. No photo I was so mad!

What are you using for bait? If you'd like to fly me out I'll be your fishing consultant for the weekend!!!

My biggest large mouth bass was caught from our dock. It was 23" long and had a mouth the size of a great white. I have no idea where that photo went but hopefully it will turn up one day.

Night crawlers, rubber worms, small frog lures, spinning lures, poppers, you name it we tried it. 

Hell I catch bigger blue gills with my fly rod than I do with live bait?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. My go to lures are a white double blade spinner bait, or a 1/8 jig with plastic worm. You can see the jig setup in the pic above. 

Photobucket changed their stuff so now you have to give your first born to post photos. I'll repost some of my more memorable catches.

Pond I am on is only an 82 acre pond.. catch Smallies about this size, did get a
19 1/2" out of there once

Yup the last one is a small mouth. It was 21" and a beast. Almost straightened out my hook! Pound for pound they are the most fun to catch.

Back