CERAMIC NANO COATING

1trotter

Reaction score
I have polished toons on my QX25 and am having a clear ceramic coating applied.  I was curious if anyone else had tried this??  I used sharkhide on my last BENNY and it was only good above the water line...

what's the name of the ceramic coating? I saw someone else was in the process recently, but I'm not aware of anyone that already has it done.

ceramic pro.  The boat sat for 6 days in the water and when we took it out the scum line disappeared!!!

How was it compared to sharkhide? I just did a little looking and it looks to be quite a high end product? 

I used to use sharkhide but it only protected above the water line.  I will let you know how the ceramic product holds up.   I am only a few weeks in, but so far so good.  Sharkhide tech support will tell it will not last below the water line.....

I used to use sharkhide but it only protected above the water line.  I will let you know how the ceramic product holds up.   I am only a few weeks in, but so far so good.  Sharkhide tech support will tell it will not last below the water line.....

Don't need Sharkhide tech support to tell me that it doesn't protect below the water line. All I have to do is look at my boat......

I'm just curious how much more it costs than sharkhide plus it looks pretty permanent where sharkhide is removable with some lacquer thinner.

I am very educated on the nano ceramic coatings, I own a Tint World franchise in Alabama and we sell nano ceramic products. I have used it on my new 2575GCW and Mercury motor cowl with good results. Send me a PM and I can get you some information about it and how to use it.

Does the manufacture advise or have a guarantee about how long it should last?

I was just seeing this online used on cars. Amazing that this application works too.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Ceramic Pro? I don't have any dealers in my area, Southern Indiana. I have a 25 QSR with polished toons.

I want the actual Cermic Pro Brand for Marine use. Has anyone had luck with any other brands?

Looks like pretty cool stuff!!

It doesn't last very long ,6-8 months .
From their site
"HydroSilex Recharge can last from 6 to 8 months, but will last indefinitely longer if used routinely as it was designed. The product is designed to be layered, so the more often it is used, the longer the durability and effect."
https://www.hydrosilex.com/pages/faq

Back