Change the way the REPLY button works

G

Geewest

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Change the way the Reply button works. When you hit reply to a thread it copy's all the same information and re-post's in a new reply. Result you have the same information or conversation being posted over and over. It makes scrolling threw a thread very long ect. if some one wants the same conversation posted in a thread they can copy and paste it.

Thank You

Grant

Grant, just scroll down a little farther and hit the 'add reply' button, or if you want to respond to a particular post, click on 'multi quote'

Hope this helps!

Geoffery: I know how to use it no problem, It just seems that many of the users Here are not that Fourm savy. So many users hit the reply button thinking that's the only way to respond to a thread. I can see clearly the "Add Reply" button. I just think may users hit the "Reply" button

My Advise would be to just remove the "REPLY" button. and only have the "Add Reply"

Sorry for not being photoshop and forum savvy, but what do you do if you want to reply to a particular thread ? Is that the multiquote selection ? Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Change the way the Reply button works. When you hit reply to a thread it copy's all the same information and re-post's in a new reply. Result you have the same information or conversation being posted over and over. It makes scrolling threw a thread very long ect. if some one wants the same conversation posted in a thread they can copy and paste it.

Thank You

Grant
You don't like THIS? :p :lol: The "reply" button is supposed to do exactly this...allow someone to reply to a specific post, like I am replying to you, even though several others have posted since. The system "quotes" your post so it marries to my reply. (so others can read it and make sense of the comments.) This is the intended and customary action of the reply button on forum software and we won't be changing it!

If you just want to add a reply in a chain at the bottom of a thread, click FAST REPLY at the bottom of the thread. This stops the "quoting" of another post!

Thanks, TB

Sorry for not being photoshop and forum savvy, but what do you do if you want to reply to a particular thread ? Is that the multiquote selection ? Gerry
Gerry

Multiquote allows you to select multiple posts and they are inserted into the top of your "reply". It's nice if multiple people comment and you want to reply to all of them in a single post. You can even answer under each "quote" and keep them seperate in your post if you like

Gerry

Multiquote allows you to select multiple posts and they are inserted into the top of your "reply". It's nice if multiple people comment and you want to reply to all of them in a single post. You can even answer under each "quote" and keep them seperate in your post if you like
Right. Thanks SemperFi. That helps on the multi. Don't understand why some members reply to a thread and do not enter anything. Is that what Geewest is referring to ? Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back