changing dock and navigation bulbs on 2005 207L

jbennett

Reaction score
I am new to owning a boat and a Bennington...The dock and navigation lights are out on different sides of the boat and need to replace bulbs. When I turn the screws on these they just continue to turn. Do I have to take the entire plastic housing of the deck to change the light bulbs. Once I get this off do they smaller screws have nuts on them?

Welcome to the party John. All the screws that go through the light and housing have nuts on them. If I remember when I changed out all the bulbs in mine, the large screws had 7/16" nuts (wrench size) and the small ones were either 1/4" or 3/16". It's a pain but doable. Good luck

My '05 R has regular threaded screws without nuts, at least for the nav lights. Regular wood or sheetmetal type, not sae. Steve

Steve and Carl, Thanks for welcoming me to the site and I appreciate your answers. I am going to have to take off the entire housing off the deck. I will post what I find

You are correct, the entire housing must be removed. The docking light bulbs are a little tricky also. I replaced ours with Silverstar Ultra from Sylvania.

If you're going to do it, you might as well change over to LED replacement bulbs. Less heat, less watts, longer life. Only downside is they cost a bit more.

Back