Changing out speakers on a 2015 21SLX

Robert 21SLX

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought a 2015 21 foot SLX, the boat was in great condition and seems to be a perfect fit for our family.

One question I do have is I am looking to change out the speakers to upgrade the sound system. Does anyone have any suggestions as to brand, make , model and size for the upgrade?

Is it worth it to also change out the controller as well or does it not make a difference?

Hope to hear from you, thanks!

Well, I've recommended these to two buddies for their pontoons and they sound great. Not sure if you've got a sub or not but if you do then these will sound excellent. Letting the sub handle all the lows while the speakers handle the mids and highs is the easiest way to make a mediocre stereo sound great. Excellent speakers with top-notch build quality that doesn't break the bank. You can get them in 5.25" or 6.50."

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_112177_Polk-Audio-DB652-DB-6.5-inch-DB-652.html

What Randy said! Those Polks are very popular in the marine world with plenty of happy customers. Welcome, by the way!

Back