Changing rooms/portapotties

Do you have a changing room on your Bennington?

• Yes

Votes: 81 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 22.1%

• Total voters

goldnrod24

Reaction score
This poll is designed to determine who has changing stations and uses them for concealing a marine portapottie.

Please use the comments to explain your reason(s) why these are needed or not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have one and need one because my wife is Bashful. Well anyway when out for the day, and nature calls remember that you maybe swimming in that water later. Kind of makes you think doesn't it?

another question to assit might be. Do you have a portapottie? My answer to the last question is no becuse I do have one and it is kept in my garage and only used on certain occasions, which have yet to be determined. Aka never used it.

We have one keep it in the garage . Marina with facilities is close .

If we are going to take an extended trip ,then we will bring it .

We haven't taken delivery yet but ordered it with the changing station and also a portapottie (the model we ordered has the changing station standard but we could have deleted it and saved a few $). Figuring that in, both together were a net cost of less than $300 so we figured better to have them for emergencies and hopefully not need them than not have them and wish we did. Easily removable if we want the extra space. In the end, figured after spending all this money, if it was that $300 that kept the ladies from being happy, well, that wouldn't have been good...

Like the poll. Will be interesting to see the results. This was one option we went back and forth on a lot. Thanks for posting.

FYI - the poll wouldn't let me complete it unless I answered the last question (even though didn't apply to us) so your results on that question may be skewed...

No need as I live on the lake with 3 bathrooms only a couple minutes from any where in the lake. Also, the poll makes you vote in all three questions even though #2 is NA. I voted no there.

Have both...use both. We spend a lot of days in the water with no intention of going to shore. Fireworks, air show are two of our annual biggies. We can go early and stay late. We get a great spot and swim, read, play cards, eat, drink, with no worries who has to go or when. It was one of the great advantages of our big-boat-cruiser days. Being self contained.

I have modified the poll to adjust for the "required" response. Hopefully, that clears it up.

Feel free to change your votes if necessary! Thanks for the feedback and the great participation.

I took the changing room out and replaced it with a large cooler with a padded seat. Gives me more room to fish and bbq since my boat is just a 20 footer.

The boat was purchased used and came with a porta-potty. No way in hell I was keeping that. Put on my haz-mat suit and carried it to the recycle bin.  I'm on a small lake and can get the Mrs. to one of the floating bathrooms in less than five minutes.

Kids had to use the portapottie faster than i could ever imagined. The encouragement to go to the bathroom before getting on the boat apparently is never heard.

Have both...use both. We spend a lot of days in the water with no intention of going to shore. Fireworks, air show are two of our annual biggies. We can go early and stay late. We get a great spot and swim, read, play cards, eat, drink, with no worries who has to go or when. It was one of the great advantages of our big-boat-cruiser days. Being self contained.
This applies exactly to us as well.  Having a porta potty hidden in the changing room was a dealbreaker for the Mrs.  It also needed to be in the back of the boat instead of amidships to increase privacy, so that helped drive the layout we got.  We're out with other couples a lot, and for a couple hours at a time, sipping adult beverages and having meals.  We get a lot of use out of the porta potty/changing room.    

Sometimes the lake waters too cold ..... Hey at least I'm honest. Seriously, when we didn't have something on board, had to head to the docks every couple hours. Pull anchor, head to heads, beach/dock the toon, put on shoes, walk to head, walk back, remove and clean off shoes, push off/untie toon, wash off muddy feet, head back to where we were .... Never gain those 30-45 minutes of lake time back.

Now, pop up room, wizz, close room. 5 minutes.

You can actually go cheap. Luggable Loo is a toilet seat that pops on a 5 Gallon bucket. Looks just like a regular seat. You can buy it with the bucket too but hey, I'm a cheapskate. I got a couple dollar blue bucket, the luggable loo lid, cheap clumping kitty litter, disposable soft wipes, and some kitchen bags and you are all set. End of day, pop off lid, tie bag, toss in can.

We have a small foldable portapottie in the changing area. I have not used it but my grand-kids use it quite a bit.

Our lake also has 2 floating potties, "USSPP". 

We religiously use the changing room to change out of wet bathing suits before heading back to the marina. On Lake Anna there are numerous places around the lake to go to the bathroom. A porta potty is not needed........

No need for it. There are many heads all up and down the river and lake. We like to explore the coves and almost all the coves, on the AZ side, have heads.

Cheers, Steve

We are new Bennington with a recent purchase of a left over 2275GCW. There's a changing room that folds out on one of the stern loungers. We plan using a 5 gallon bucket if it's too cold to enter the water. I know what each one of you are thinking, however, the 5 gallon bucket is quite an upgrade to our previous portapotti. Get this, my wife use to go into one of the live wells on our bass boat. True story, wanna see pics? Lol

We are new Bennington with a recent purchase of a left over 2275GCW. There's a changing room that folds out on one of the stern loungers. We plan using a 5 gallon bucket if it's too cold to enter the water. I know what each one of you are thinking, however, the 5 gallon bucket is quite an upgrade to our previous portapotti. Get this, my wife use to go into one of the live wells on our bass boat. True story, wanna see pics? Lol
No insult to said wife, but I'll pass, thankyouverymuch!

I've looked at the height of those loungers and don't think a 5 gallon bucket will fit upright in there. A portapottie won't either, based on my eyeballing, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Good luck.

Clearly, based on the replies, one important variable affects the portapottie issue.

Basically, is the immediate need a "minor transaction" or a "major transaction?"

Also, if you boat with kids, it really doesn't matter. Ever tried to convince a kid their "business" can be done in the water. Either...... see above!

I cut a three inch ring out of the center of a 5 gallon bucket. Threw the center ring away. Glued a toilet seat to the top section. With the center ring removed, the top piece now fits over the bottom piece due to the taper of the bucket. Put a bag in the bottom piece, wrap the sides of the bag over the lip like you would on a kitchen garbage can. Top piece with toilet ring slides over the bag and bottom piece. Sit. Poop. Tie bag. Pitch in dumpster at marina.If you measure, you can make it short enough to fit under your lounger.

Back