Changing rooms/portapotties

Do you have a changing room on your Bennington?

• Yes

Votes: 81 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 22.1%

• Total voters
What can I say, We're full of crap around here!

That is what is called going  STUR CRAZY. You just don't get any "movement" in the winter

What can I say, We're full of crap around here!
You'd think after taking a crap every day of my life I would be empty by now. I must be REALLY full of crap!

We have a full sized commode that can fit in the changing room of our RL.  The lakehouse handles the poo, as I really don't want to drive with it on board.  Ours really does not get used very often but when needed it is a blessing to have.  One thing I really appreciate is the fact that it is in the back.  I really dislike the changing rooms that open up into the port gate, think it would be uncomfortable to go in the middle of everyone rather than some semblance of privacy in the back 

Hi, just bought a 2011 24 SLI which has all the hardware for the changing station but the previous owner says he never used the curtain and it got moldy so he threw it away! I'm thinking "pro-pottie" but need the curtain, however after diligent googling I can't find anyplace that sells them. I haven't contacted the dealer since I'm sure they'll want a bundle. Any leads or suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi, just bought a 2011 24 SLI which has all the hardware for the changing station but the previous owner says he never used the curtain and it got moldy so he threw it away! I'm thinking "pro-pottie" but need the curtain, however after diligent googling I can't find anyplace that sells them. I haven't contacted the dealer since I'm sure they'll want a bundle. Any leads or suggestions?

Thanks.
Sam, I think you could purchase something at Overton's or find some other source via the internet but I would definitely call the dealer and get a price.  While others may have something that works only your dealer will be able to supply you with the proper equipment that will work right and more importantly look right. 

Just had a privacy curtain installed, have a porta-potti placed in there just in case. Wife wanted it, and we have a friend with a weak bladder. Could consider it a necessity.

Link, good advice and I'll check with the dealer. I shouldn't assume the worst without talking to them, and I want it to look and operate as it should. Thanks,

Sam

Remember, make sure if you get one that the snaps ARE NOT installed. You'll want to put the snaps in to match where they are in the boat. I have a couple snaps that don't line up. Don't know why, but I haven't messed with it. You could also check with a local upholstery shop if you get "sticker shock", but I can't imagine it being that bad. It's just a big rectangle piece of fabric with a zipper.

In our changing room, we have the 5 gal bucket with the $12 toilet lid from Walmart. It's for the little wife to evacuate the bladder only. She doesn't like getting in the water.

Recently pick up our 2016 2375 gcw with the rear lounges aka   privacy enclosure. When we were selecting the items for the boat we asked to have a pump out style potti put in the rear lounge and the dealer said no problem we can do that. The boat comes in, prepped and delivered, no toilet. Was told they had to order a longer pump out hose. Weeks go by and I bring the boat over to the dealer to have it installed. The service person shows me where he would need to install it and how he would have to do it. Ok heres the problem. 1 if he tried to put it where you would have any room the seat wont close because the curtain frame and 2 if he tried to put it where the seat would close you can't use the toilet because the angle of the curtain as well as you couldn't close the curtain. Needless to say I stopped them before they butchered the boat. We called the service manager and the sales person and told them what we found and expressed our displeasure and their comments where we can install the unit..., I said yes you can also install it on top of my car it doesn't mean you can use it

Back