Chartplotter question

JeffS

Reaction score
I am going to replace the Garmin 300C. It works awesome...if one is into fishing...which I'm not. And it is perfect...if one doesn't boat where they might end up needing charts...which I do. It has all of the features I could ever not need, all rolled into one fabulous little package of uselessness (to me). That's not a review of the product, it's a review of me not being a fishing person.

What I need is depth, temp and chartplotter functionality.

Has anyone already done this research project?

Ideally, there would be a unit out there that can use the transducer from the Garmin, but adds GPS functionality with internal chart software, that fits on the dash in the same location as the 300C.

Just thought I'd check here before I dig into the depths of the interweb to find a suitable machine.

-Jeff

JeffS I have the Garmin 531s and it does give you depth temp and chartplotter although if I remember right you might have to use the split screen to see all three simultaneously.  I also purchased the SD Inland lakes upgrade which adds quite a bit of info.  As far as using the same transducer give a call to Garmin, they were easy to reach and very helpful

Here is my thread on installing the Garmin 547xs Garmin 547xs installation

I don't fish either, and I'm on a small lake not requiring navigation, but I like everything else it does. Our lake goes from deep to shallow very quickly and in odd spots so it's helpful to see the ledges, etc.

Call the guys at BOE marine. Awesome people.. Awesome prices. They willl set you up with the right set up.  They don;t sell you what you don't need.

Tell them what your priorities are and they will give you the best options that fit your needs

I get all my electronics from them. 

Back