Cleaning of seats

mazrwz72

Reaction score
We purchased a new Bennington pontoon just a month ago. We have already encountered several spots on the upholstery. I have cleaned everything with Dawn and water and the spots are still there. I only used a soft cloth to wash and rinse with water. One of the pillow back looks like the dark grey color has been completely bleached white. Just a couple of examples. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4174.jpg
    IMG_4174.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4172.jpg
    IMG_4172.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 73
You need to contact your dealer. They can verify if it’s a “cleaning” issue or a Simtex issue.

Yes I have contacted the dealer and sent them all the pictures. I was just checking to see if any other boat owner had a problem with the Simtex seats staining and if they got them cleaned.

What type of cloth are you using? Could it be the cloth is disintegrating into the pores of the Simtex?

Is it possible that it could be from some zinc based sunscreen lotions? I had some of those in similar areas on my seats from peoples legs brushing up against them after applying. It took a good scrubbing with a soft boat brush and some dawn and water. And in some case a more aggressive scrubbing with a bar towel and soapy water. I got most of it off and eventually the rest faded out. My seats look fine now.

Is it possible that it could be from some zinc based sunscreen lotions? I had some of those in similar areas on my seats from peoples legs brushing up against them after applying. It took a good scrubbing with a soft boat brush and some dawn and water. And in some case a more aggressive scrubbing with a bar towel and soapy water. I got most of it off and eventually the rest faded out. My seats look fine now.

Agree. I've had similar sunscreen-related marks show up, but easily came off with dawn/water on a cloth.

I have had sunscreen related blotchy areas like that this summer. I scrub them with the dawn dish soap and water. That helps, but doesn’t always eliminate immediately. However, they seem to fad away after time in the sun following these cleanings...

Back