Cleaning toons

Dgj

Reaction score
my boat has been wet slipped on Barkley lake for about 45 days. The growth wasn’t as bad as I expected really but it sure didn’t want to come off. After a few hours rolling around under the trailer with a pressure washer I have it pretty well cleaned off.

Is there any one in the western or central Kentucky area that has had there boat cleaned and Sharkhide applied? I had planned on doing it this winter when I put it in the shop but I am second guessing it now. I plan on leaving it wet slipped for a month or more at a time so I would like it to be easier to blow off. Out side toons aren’t an issue it’s just the center toon I don’t like the idea of lifting it up of the trailer then being under there with it.

Thank you

My boat has been in the water since the end of April beginning of May. The growth of algae isn't that bad because we pretty much clean the water line and whatever else we can reach everytime we go out. We'll be anchored in a cove swimming/floating and we'll get the sponges out. Anyway at the end of last season I powerwashed the toons and had them acid washed. I was supposed to reapply Sharkhide but we were dealing with a fuel pump issue and never did. So it's been in the water with no Sharkhide protection and I've noticed a BIG difference as far as being able to clean the pontoons. The Sharkhide makes it so much easier to keep them clean. The algae and crap wipes right off. Without the protection it's harder to clean

Last edited:
I drop ours down to trailering position to clear the roof over out slip.

Back