Cleats

My next project will be the 20 hour service in the water. I will think this out and do it without spilling a drop of oil.

Yeah, don't drop any tools, fasteners, drain plugs either. ;)

We went with the Bennington pop-up cleats when we ordered our boat this past year. We love them. Down and out of the way when not in use - no stubbed toes. Pop them up when you gotta tie off. Shiny and good looking. Very worthwhile.

We went with the Bennington pop-up cleats when we ordered our boat this past year. We love them. Down and out of the way when not in use - no stubbed toes. Pop them up when you gotta tie off. Shiny and good looking. Very worthwhile.

Pop up cleats are one of those things you'd never miss them if you never had them, but I saw them on some other boats, and put them on our build. I absolutely love the clean look they give the boat.

We had them on our wakeboard boat. Once you get used to them you want them. We didn't order our boat,we were told 2 to 3 months to get one. The boat we bought was only missing Heavy Duty Rub rail and pop up cleats. I think the reason they require the HD Rub rail is it must be thicker so you don't have to cut in the floor to mount the shoulder flat to the bumper.

Robert, that looks like a good job on the install.

Thanks Tooner. I will do the front two as soon as they arrive. On the front you have to drill out the rivits on the splash guards in the front to have access to the nuts on the bottom of the cleats.

Back