Cleveland Boat Show...

Shawn

Reaction score
A number of great Bennington's. Went with the intention of purchasing a WaveRunner (see post in Dock Talk).

The interior and upholstery is very nice in the new boats. Almost no new pontoons have carpet. The new flooring options are great - our Bennington is a 2011 and I don't recall an option other than carpet.

I seriously considered building and ordering a new fishing model. However, I think from a resale perspective the traditional seating arrangement is in more of a demand. I have our current 24 SLi set up with a trolling motor, rod holders, etc. and it works out great. Just wish I had the live-well.

On a positive note, we now have a WaveRunner to add to the summer fun.

Our dock and campground open on April 1. Warmer temperatures can't come soon enough...

Congrats on the new Waverunner! I don't have one yet but am seriously considering it. I did purchase a new Bennington (1st pontoon for me) at the Cleveland show on Friday from Boat Masters. It's a 22 SSBXP swing back model and I can't wait for Spring to get it on the Portage Lakes!20180119_134522.jpg

Shawn: Congratulations on the new WaveRunner. Sounds like a lot of fun is in store for this summer.

Patrick: That’s a nice looking boat from one swingback owner to another. We got a 2017 SB last summer, and we had the time of our lives on it this past summer. Enjoy!

Great looking boat Patrick. I've used Boat Masters in the past for service without any issues. If you are boating at Portage Lakes then I assume you are probably from Akron area. We are as well, however, we boat at Salt Fork.

Hi Shawn, I just moved onto the Portage Lakes from Brunswick this past October. The first thing I learned when I got here is that a pontoon is next to mandatory on these waters. Lol I do have a fishing boat that I will drag to Salt Fork, West Branch, Erie, etc. but the pontoon will stay on the Portage Lakes. I'm happy you have had good luck with Boat Masters in the past. I am 5 minutes from them and also Portage Lakes Marine, so wanted to purchase the pontoon from one of them. In the end, the Bennington brand beat out the Tahoes that PLM sells.

Back