Clip for bouys

Debbie T

Reaction score
I am still waiting for my boat but my friend just got a 2012 Bennington Friday. On the side where the bouys go it looks like there are bouys clip on the side. I’m just guessing. The clip that is connected to the rope and bouy is missing. Where can he get some? Thanks so much!

You didn't mention the model I have a 2012 RL and it doesn't have factory installed clips for the attachment of buoys. I suspect that the previous owner added some aftermarket product. They will probably have to take a good look at it it and go to a boat store and try to find a match

Are you referring to Bumpers ? I got these at Amazon, 8.5 X 27 .( currently ) under $70 for 4
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-SKY1446-Protection/dp/B0095WPO5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526546673&sr=8-1&keywords=Best+Choice+Products+SKY1446+White+8.5"+x+27"+Vinyl+4+Ribbed+Marine+Boat+Fender+Bumper+Dock+Shield+Protection

31io4xROnIL.jpg

My preference is EZ Fenders. I suspect Jack M is correct and she is looking for bumpers. If you have existing clips or whatever for attaching the bumpers, you need to be sure that the size of the line you buy will fit through the bumpers and the clips etc.

Do they look like this?
This is what I have.

D7A17608-14B7-4838-B5D6-C5044E22967F.jpeg

We decided to forgo using fixed attachment points for clips that allow us to move fenders as necessary.

I have been happy with the Taylor Made #1139 fender clips that snap on my rails. They are easy for any passenger to use with minimal instruction. I like that because they are not permanently attached, you can place fenders wherever they work best for the docking situation. They are inexpensive enough that if one breaks, I can replace it without worry.

+1 on the Taylor made for every reason mentioned above. Quick, easy, cheap...no instructions needed for any guest deck hands.

+2 on the Taylor made for same reasons.

+1 also on Taylor clips. Very easy to use or move by anyone. I found them on sale for $2 each and have seen them other times for same price. Only issue (which doesn’t affect us) is they aren’t a quick change if you want to change lengths of rope if you raft up a lot or dock at various places where their height might need to be be different.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&tag=backcountrypo-20&linkId=3PVTOEKWVWSTMO5M

How is the fit on the Taylor clips? Description reads made specifically for 1" rails but contradicts and say fits both 1 1/4" and 1"?

We use the Taylor made too, if you need to adjust the height either make a quick wrap or two ( which hasn’t marked the rails) or if the clip won’t fit thru just push the rope through, create the loop and hook it back on the clip. I usually just have my set for my overnight parking and adjust from there.

Agree on the fit though not sure of the inch size. There is room to fit into the space between the rail and seats.

214570FE-97F4-4992-96E4-1D1CBB71B6F7.jpeg
I am still waiting for my boat but my friend just got a 2012 Bennington Friday. On the side where the bouys go it looks like there are bouys clip on the side. I’m just guessing. The clip that is connected to the rope and bouy is missing. Where can he get some? Thanks so much!
Mills Fleet Farm has 8” bouys in white that are much cheaper than anywhere else. I use a clip on the rail called
“Quick Clip” has a quick release spring latch and holds the 3/8” or 1/2” rope very well, they look good to.
The 6” black buoy hanging is 6” and tends to not to large enough when tying upo to some boats
Congrats on the new boat!!

Back