Clips for boat bumpers

Tim B55

Reaction score
I bought a new Bennington last year and the clips the dealer gave me are to small. I’ve looked several places and can only find 1-1/4” my rails are 1-1/2”. Anyone have a solution? Thanks2143AB15-0AC5-4D1B-BD95-76ED6FD84915.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't realize some models have bigger rail dimensions than 1 1/4". There are milled aluminum block type of bumper fasteners available in both aluminum finish and black. They are actually screwed to deck and have a thumb screw to pinch down on rope to bumpers making length adjustments quick and easy.

I didn’t want the permanent attach kind but I haven’t found anything else. So I guess it’s the ez-fender.

I didn’t want the permanent attach kind but I haven’t found anything else. So I guess it’s the ez-fender.
The flex clip type tend to leave scuff marks along railing from installing and removing so they have their downside.

The flex clip type tend to leave scuff marks along railing from installing and removing so they have their downside.
Bingo....I have the blackout pkg and hate those clips due to scuffing and I've only had it a month...these go on tomorrow..had them on our last toon and they worked great for many years

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-074407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-074407_Chrome.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 92
I have a 2017 with a blackout package and don’t have any scuffing issues using the Taylor Made fender clips. That said, I could see where it could do it.

Had those on our first boat. Worked well!

So how do the EzFender mounts work with the cover - do they rub the cover when there is wind?

Where do folks put any of these clips, or even tie off fenders, on a q series? The way the fence is so close to the seats and then it slopes down in the back makes it really tough.

Attachments

• 8592B512-F069-4A7A-96E3-5915BA714B76.jpeg
    8592B512-F069-4A7A-96E3-5915BA714B76.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 11182869-D167-41AD-B9F5-0A30976EAA26.jpeg
    11182869-D167-41AD-B9F5-0A30976EAA26.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 47
Where do folks put any of these clips, or even tie off fenders, on a q series? The way the fence is so close to the seats and then it slopes down in the back makes it really tough.
The Taylor made clips should slip down between the rail and seat back. At least they do on my SXP

I bought a new Bennington last year and the clips the dealer gave me are to small. I’ve looked several places and can only find 1-1/4” my rails are 1-1/2”. Anyone have a solution? ThanksView attachment 27227
I have lost several bumpers with the Taylor Made clips. I picked up 4 of the clips made by QuickCleat and really like them. They hold to the rails very well and allow the bumpers to be easily adjusted to the dock or different boats that often tie up to us.

I’ve never had any issues or losing fenders with Taylor made clips coming loose - even if left hanging when underway. Of course, I only have a 50 hp on a 400 acre lake so never traveling very fast or in a hurry to get anywhere :)

Derek,
I contacted quickcleat. They said go to their website and place an order. In the comments, just specify 1.5 inch rails. They said they would build them for you at no extra cost. Probably take a little longer but not a problem for them.

Back