Co-captain chair

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a 22 tri-toon S series. There are SO many options for floor plans. I was thinking about doing the co-captain chair next to the driver. Any thoughts?

You will likely get a wider variety of opinions on this. One of the benefits of Bennington offering so many floor plans. We have the co-captain's and really like it. It allows my wife and I to talk as we are underway and she likes being able to look forward.

My wife loves hers

We didn’t think we would want one. After two years on the water, I feel like my wife would use it on most of our trips if we had it. If I could go back in time, I think I would try to fit it into our budget.

Last edited:
Our old pontoon had a couch on the passenger side so my wife was always having to turn and wrench her neck around to see something. Getting co-captains chairs was one of our must haves.

we have the L so there are two angles my wife can sit at and observe. she loves it and it works well for her to spread out, or keep a bag next to her to pull things out like lunch etc..... like noted above this one is 100% personal preference, we like the L couch since we have rear facing dual lounger behind it as well. (also makes more storage with L vs chair ;>)

We like having a lounger. Very comfortable to recline and lounge if just the two of us, but if we have other couples/guests on board the four of us can all sit and converse as we are underway. Plus, we have a big family and it increases the capacity a bit more!

Yep wife loves the co-captain chair!!!

We have the co captain chair and would get it again. That being said when the wife is at the helm I usually sit up front on the port side.

We have one and when underway it always has an occupant. It also allows another chair to be positioned to watch the fun taking place behind the boat. Our boat has the adjustable individual rear seat loungers

Big thumbs up. It is very versatile.

Personal preference but after having many other arrangements I would call co captains chairs a must have....
Much easier to converse especially if just two of you...The older you get the harder it is to keep the head and body turned to carry on conversations...

My wife loves her co-captain chair. As stated... very versatile.

Back